Author Topic: Loving Axis 1020 with 45cm mast for SUP  (Read 1564 times)

toejammer2

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Loving Axis 1020 with 45cm mast for SUP
« on: February 09, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »
Bought my Axis 1020 wing, short fuselage, 45 cm mast  and 500 tail for winging. Have been shut out of storm swell in our harbor pretty much 3 years. Have had some good sessions winging as the tide goes out -totally stoked using 7m Gong and 5m Fone-no more rubbin  the bottom on the paddle out- Took the same setup out with my 6’6” Kalama into the harbor waves-basically a small shallow beach break-OMG! Again, three years with the Kai and IWA never had the glide, the easy pop up (just little pump on the back foot) and finally a silent flying gliding cutback on a barely knee high wave felt like I could pump myself back out but of course I’m not quite there yet but it now seems possible. Yes I have overfoiled with the short mast and if I take a wave over  waist high and steep it wants to buck me off.
I remember back in 2006 when I bought my first standup board from Wardog at Surfingsports-a “Big Red” shaped by Sean Ordenez-he said that SUP was going to be a “goldmine” for waves at  our beach break-it was. This foil setup is on par with that. I wonder now if the 900 or 920 will work as well for more powerful waves. Has anyone tried Axis setup in those sizes in place of their Kai or Iwa? (forSup foiling).

Cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal