Author Topic: Which SUP?  (Read 9585 times)

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which SUP?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 11:44:29 AM »

[/quote]
Up late working  - while on hold, found this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/312951422490

Those YOLO boards look like the same mold as the Sup+ . I don't know if $200 plus UPSGround works enough to live with bright yellow or red but thought I'd post it for you.
I don't think it is all that close to the Crescent SUP+. Crescent is a small US company that claims to have exclusive designs. On their site, the founder/designer talks about them in videos. They have cathedral hulls and are flatter in both dimensions than that YOLO. Also that listing says local pickup only.

EDIT - Looks like Yolo does sell the SUP+, but it is the Crescent with Crescent's name and logo on it and it is very different than those boards.

Eh....if you say so. They look like the same shape to me. From the spec I read - same width, length, weight. Crescent looks a lot nicer color.

Boomstick

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »
Up late working  - while on hold, found this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/312951422490

Those YOLO boards look like the same mold as the Sup+ . I don't know if $200 plus UPSGround works enough to live with bright yellow or red but thought I'd post it for you.
I don't think it is all that close to the Crescent SUP+. Crescent is a small US company that claims to have exclusive designs. On their site, the founder/designer talks about them in videos. They have cathedral hulls and are flatter in both dimensions than that YOLO. Also that listing says local pickup only.

EDIT - Looks like Yolo does sell the SUP+, but it is the Crescent with Crescent's name and logo on it and it is very different than those boards.

Well I live close enough to Rhose Island that I could potentially drive down and pick them up. I do think that these boards may have significantly cheaper hulls however, although the shape does look similar.

Boomstick

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
You might have to spend some money to get a decent SUP paddle too btw - the less expensive ones 1/4 or 1/8 as good for 1/2 the price.

I've been thinking should get a SUP paddle or a high angle kayak paddle the difference is it won't have the handle on the end, but you can use it like a kayak paddle. I have seen plenty of people do that before. There's a Carlisle that's convertible which is currently on the wish list just because of the flexibility it offers, but it's not the greatest paddle.

Boomstick

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »
So I thought I'd chime in now that I got it all figured out. I am getting him the Crescent. I have talked to a few users, it's weight capacity is excellent but it also tracks exceptionally well. And the price is right and it comes rigged out fairly nicely too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal