Author Topic: SUP Sports  (Read 11143 times)

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Sports
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »
I swore by his board bags, but not his boards. I bought a performance short board and HATED it...worst board I ever owned..heavy,  corky and slow...sold it asap.
When I told him so, he blamed me and my surf ability which made me laugh.
That guy could not take nor accept criticism..

As I’ve said before elsewhere- lurked here for a long time. Always enjoyed the wardog banter - especially how at the end of it he would throw in the - mahalos

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2020, 11:45:40 PM »
Wow so he closed his shop.  I always liked his philosophy on design it is similar to mine in some respects and different in others. His surf knowledge was pretty int.  I am glad that the last board I got was a custom hammer from him
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2020, 05:02:08 AM »
I bought my Kona windsurfer from him. Great board! Sad to see him go.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »
They were pretty much family to ours.  We'd bought 6 boards from them and another two used boards that originated from them.  They really treated us well, as did their entire staff.  I still ride my Mahalo and Stoke all the time... when not Quarantined...  I've got crappy repairs down now so I should keep my old boards limping along until a catastrophic failure happens.

You look back to January, and think "Wow, what a smart/lucky/blessed decision to close shop then before a worldwide pandemic does it for you."  We all could see the numbers of SUP Surfers drop in the local line ups.  Economics, interest, retirement possibilities and the flu, the 4 horsemen of the SUPocalypse.

As far as getting another board from their shapers and glassers, I'm guessing Ray Lucke or Ry Harris would be happy to help out.  Wardog hinted that he will eventually offer some form of online ordering when his retirement life settles down.

Wishing him and his crew all the best.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal