Author Topic: So, how will it affect....  (Read 2765 times)

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
So, how will it affect....
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
So, if my thickest point on a board is forward of center, how will it affect it? Would it be detrimental, beneficial, or really do very much? This would be on a flatter rockered board for weak, mushy waves. Say the thickest point is 16”+ inches forward of center on a 7’10”
board. I just don’t really have a clue. I thick I could maybe see benefit, but what the hell do I know?
Anyone?

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: So, how will it affect....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »
I put my thickest part forward center deliberately because I know I'm heavy on the nose when I ride it.
saved me many nose dives and also helpful when I was not timing the wave well and stepped hard on the nose to help it roll off the the wave last minute save kinda move, but what the hell do I know, I just throw some shit on the wall and see what sticks ;D
in progress...

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
My imagine board has that extra heft up front and I really like it.
https://www.distressedmullet.com/product/2017-imagine-eps-impact-710-cw/

Really helps to paddle as well - at 84 litres it’s way easier to manage than a couple of other 100 litre boards that I’ve owned.

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:23:58 AM »
Hijack...here's the shot of Grady. Board for him?

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 05:10:18 PM »
Thanks burchas, that was one of the benefits I was thinking of. And, shit rolls downhill....so they say! 8) Just today we had some good offshores and I would step forward and really drive the nose of the board down on the wave. But this board was 9’2”. I could see the extra foam on the shorter board being handy for that.

Yeah, supmmm, the board is probably going to be around 90 liters for my 84kg. Thanks! Good to hear. I’ll be anxious to feel the difference.

Ha! No Surfside. He gets the slasher boards. This will be my Geezer Pleaser. ;D
Flatter rocker, carries its width, low tail rocker. Gonna put in channels. Been reading of the benefits of channels in low tail rockers. And I’ve liked channels in boards I’ve done before.....just hate glassing them!

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 05:12:54 PM »
Here’s the pattern.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »
Man, those are nice templates. I’ve been using paper printouts but I need to really man up and make some nice wooden templates.

Love the pattern and I think that volume will work. I tend to stand way up front and step on the nose to drop in on mushy waves.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal