Author Topic: The reason I live here.  (Read 2524 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
The reason I live here.
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:43:38 AM »
I love the town of Plymouth for a lot of reasons but this is the biggest, my happy place for sure. Sky Skipper Drones takes great pictures all over New England and is based here in Plymouth, not only a good drone pilot but a talented photographer as well. https://www.skyskipperdrones.com/preview

This was yesterday. You can't see me of course but I'm out at the point in this one. The dogs took me for a walk on my birthday.... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: The reason I live here.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »
Beautiful shot, Stoney.  I lived in Newburyport for a while, but during the gas rationing days around 1973 when it became impossible to sell property, renters did-not-pay, etc. ...I left for Toronto.  Calmer waters.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
...You can't see me of course but I'm out at the point in this one. The dogs took me for a walk on my birthday.... :)

What do you mean we can't see you? I could probably spot you (and your brother) from space with your size :D
Happy belated Bday. I can see why it's your happy place 8)
in progress...

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:54:42 PM »
Beautiful photo. Happy Birthday Stoney.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »
wow---gorgeous photo of a special place--glad youre getting joy, stones, and happy bday
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 11:43:07 AM »
And we had surf yesterday....1st time out in a month. When the swell direction is right this place is magic. Yesterday was small and I'm struggling a bit but man did it feel good to get wet.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »
Nice to hear you got wet Stoney. The other morning I went down to surf feeling guilty because all the work that is piled up on my desk. I gave myself an hour. Waves were good. As soon as I paddled out and set came and I turn into what was the best wave of the day. Paddled back out and caught 3 more good waves. I've been working on my figuring out my cutbacks on my new board. I found the magic spot and actually slid the tail just before I fell. I just laid there floating, savoring the moment. Got out of the water and it had only been 30 minutes. Back to the pile of work, still feeling the stoke. Just floating there felt so good 8)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
Yes, great to hear your getting out Stoney!

TD, my problem with cutbacks is getting my heels to (gracefully) shift to the rail.  Work in progress for sure (wouldn't have it any other way).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal