Author Topic: North Jerz and SupSean share a session  (Read 6767 times)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
North Jerz and SupSean share a session
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »
SupSean made his way down to to NorthJerz country for the swell yesterday.  We found a nice bowl away from the proners and had a great...well a great first 10 minutes. then the offshores came in (15+) and was a little hard to handle. 

Nice chest high waves though! and SupSean had a ride so long I didn't see him back at the peak for about 10 min!

Was great to catch up with a new zoner and share the stoke!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: North Jerz and SupSean share a session
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 01:55:33 PM »
 8) 
Getting waves, and hooking up with another zoner. Good times.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 04:07:14 PM »
Hi kids!
Glad you shared some winter stoke!

See you on my way north!

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »
sounds great Creek!  Bring that Van-o-Demos with you!!!  Im nudging SupSean to add to his quiver

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 05:45:42 PM »
That was great!! Thanks for hosting northjerz. You certainly caught some great ones (before you remembered you had a broken rib). I was a bit overmatched by the wind (and I discovered I lost my center fin) but the commute was only 20 minutes more than the Rockaways which gives me a whole other wind direction!!Plus the “crowded” break was empty by Rockaways standards.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 04:35:17 AM »
Thats cool, glad you guys got on it!  Sunday was pure fun, I got out around 8am surfed for over 2hrs, the offshores didn’t really kick in until I got out.

Sunday prior in jerz was bigger and more challenging due to the wind and drift but the benefit of the sup was being able to stay in place.  The less experienced proners were paddling out 100 yards south of to a peak then in no time they were 100 yards north of me.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 10:53:29 AM »
Thats cool, glad you guys got on it!  Sunday was pure fun, I got out around 8am surfed for over 2hrs, the offshores didn’t really kick in until I got out.

Sunday prior in jerz was bigger and more challenging due to the wind and drift but the benefit of the sup was being able to stay in place.  The less experienced proners were paddling out 100 yards south of to a peak then in no time they were 100 yards north of me.

we got there just after 10. I remarked in the parking area "boy the winds really held off", and by the time we got out, they had stopped being held.

Hey North Jerz, keeping my eyeballs on Friday at either Rockaway, or Long Beach!  now ind!
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
LB and that my bad for not giving you a ring for the session- Though i know you are usually out of the water as i'm finishing Cheerios time.

glad you scored as well.

I'll be out in the Poconos rippping it up on boards with my little guys Friday but im going to mix in some work to get back to my NY State of mind....land of lefts!

ospreysup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
A little Mid-Atlantic Zoner stoke! Glad you all got some. Agree! Sunday was "pure fun" down by Atlantic City too. I was also out around 8. There was about a half hour period when the winds just began picking up that was just crazy good.

LB, good call on last Sunday too. Pretty critical wave, big and steep along with the drift and wind. I took a few on the head but when you got in, that  wave had some juice!

And LB, all dead rights both days!

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 02:10:21 AM »
Hey njs, no worries.  I tend to prefer solo on days like that I guess the selfish side of me shows.

Hi Osprey, yep Going backhand the entire session.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal