Author Topic: WINGS with Bar  (Read 7744 times)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: WINGS with Bar
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2020, 12:55:54 PM »
We have bigger things to worry about. Like the whole dam wing bending. We need to be using 20 psi.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:33 PM »
Hi , 

Here is a different point of view why a bar opposed to a strut.  No question that the Foen or many other wings functions well and suits the purpose. But could the wing function be batter is it would not flex?

Hi DownSouth,

Current wings with handles have inches of wiggle/play on each handle.  Mount a rigid (carbon or similar) handle to a well inflated strut as I have described above and it will be an incredibly positive connection.  Much more so than a boom which is secured by rope or similar tied to the clew (sloppy) and braced on the other side against an inflatable leading edge.  This is not like windsufing where we are clamping the boom on to a carbon mast.  In reality we do not need much.  The Swings work super well even with sloppy handles.  It would be nice, however, to have a little more room on the front handle for hand passes and to have more rigid handles.  No way that I would go for a full boom to get those things, though.  Shoot, many of us in this thread have already owned and sold wings with booms.     

Gaastra went very cylindrical with their strut.  That may be nice for a handle/microbar setup.  Why not do some R&D?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:23:51 PM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 11:21:07 PM »
...or I'll just set you up with one of my third generation fake booms.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal