Author Topic: COOKIE!!  (Read 5656 times)

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: COOKIE!!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 11:53:06 AM »
I was doing my PT at the sports medicine complex every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
I'm only two days a week on site for PT. Everyday at home. I do two one hour workouts everyday. Curious how long you were in PT for. I'm two months into it now.

I pre-ordered the "Boost" motorized fin for my longboard. Hoping it will help me ease back into the water when the time comes. Only problem is it's supposed to go into production in China and w/this Corona virus outbreak the Boost will most likely be delayed. Not like I can use it anytime soon though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/racer23/boost-surfing-fin/description

Good to hear from you Cookie

Sounds like you are doing all that you can and staying positive planning for getting back in the water. That fin looks like a beast but it might be the ultimate nose riding gizmo especially if you could control the speed and even stall it.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
I was doing my PT at the sports medicine complex every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
I'm only two days a week on site for PT. Everyday at home. I do two one hour workouts everyday. Curious how long you were in PT for. I'm two months into it now.

When I had my right shoulder repaired from a torn (90% through) rotator cuff and also the bone spur which cut the rotator; I did PT at the sports medicine complex for 3 sessions per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) in one (1) hour time sessions, for 4 weeks so that is 12 sessions at the complex.

Then my physical therapist told me I would have to do, at my home, 3 sessions per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) for "eleven' (11 months). That's right. Eleven months. So at my home I did 132 sessions of PT with each session being one (1) hour of time.

So if you combine the sessions I did at the sports medicine complex, which was 12 sessions and then add the 132 sessions I did at my home, comes to 144 total sessions which also comes out to 144 hours.

My orthopedic surgeon and my therapists, both of them said they had never seen anyone like me "enjoy destroying the PT sessions" when I was doing my PT work at the complex.

A little off topic now to give you some idea how good and strong my shoulders are.

A little over 4 months ago; one of my friends came over to my home and wanted me to go with him to a sports gym, since he has a membership, as his guest. I told I would go so I got dressed for the gym.

When we got to the gym, the "head dude" at the gym took one look at my "massive 144 pounds frame" and said, "What piece of equipment do you want". I told him, "Do you have any gloves which will fit my small hands?"

Dude said, "Sure, but those gloves are for the ladies who have small hands." I told him, "The small gloves will be perfect for me".  :) He then said, "If you know how to box, are you going for the speed bag?"

Since my late dad taught me how to box and street fight, I told him; "No, the speed bag is for wimps so my preference will be the hanging heavy bag where I'm going to pound the hell out of that bag and see if I can tear a hole it." Then the dude said to me, "I like your attitude."  8)

I hit that bag hard for 20 minutes. I didn't tear a hole in the heavy bag, but at one point, I thought I heard the heavy bag "give out a slight moan" from the hurt I was putting on it.  ;)

Getting back on topic.

Both of my shoulders have full range of motion. And I'll post a picture, when my wife gets back later this Sunday afternoon since I don't know how to operate her iPad, showing you just how flexible my left shoulder is.

When you see the picture, the picture will basically show three things and they are:

1) How good my orthopedic surgeon is who repaired both, my left and right shoulder joints.

2) How good my physical therapist is who worked with me by letting and helping me go beyond the limit which she had set for me. I did the equivalent of three (3) months of PT work in one (1) month of time.

3) How good my determination is when I "need, want and like" to do something when I set a goal for myself.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 01:52:54 PM »
@ Cookie

My wife just returned home and she got her iPad out. See my arm and hand behind my back. Notice where the tip of my fingers are going up to my neck.
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 02:03:01 PM »
Notice where the tip of my fingers are going up to my neck.
That is an insane amount of ROM! I was never that limber ever! Hurts really bad if I even try to get close to that angle.You're a role model for PT, Wing!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 02:17:59 PM »
That is an insane amount of ROM! I was never that limber ever! Hurts really bad if I even try to get close to that angle.You're a role model for PT, Wing!

My orthopedic surgeon said I was a BEAST when it came to doing PT work. My physical therapist disagreed with my surgeon on this score. She said, "He is more  like a DEMON from HELL when it comes to doing PT work.

I have full range of motion in both left and right shoulders. In fact, when it comes to my arms and shoulders, I have better range of motion "now" than what I was born with. This is directly due to those factors I mentioned in a previous post in this topic thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal