Author Topic: Creek at EXPO - If my van makes it!  (Read 6500 times)

supthecreek

Re: Creek at EXPO - If my van makes it!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 09:07:43 AM »
TD, truth!
Really good space to be for a few days, I learned a LOT!

Our booth was insanely busy!
Considering that Sunova Surfboards have never been in the US before, big established shops and buyers were all over them!
They could have sold everything before their East Coast Tour even began :)
The C Fletcher line drew massive attention and fans!

WSL top ranked surfers were all over them.... I believe one Top Pro (I am not going to say) worked out a custom with Bert!

My favorite moment?
When Ben Gravy subscribed to my YouTube channel  ;D

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »
I can imagine, Rickster...  Sunnova would be some fresh blood for inventory. I remember the shops cleaned out all the boards that were not personal inventory. (discounts, no shipping..?)

I sold an old butterscotch, 9-0 I bought in a yard sale for $50., for ...like $500., to some shop-owner in TX who had a VL collection. I have always slowed down driving by yardsales ever since. 

Report on the 'last four hours' if you get a chance.   Have fun.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 02:17:48 PM »
Ha ha... my selfies look right on my phone but don’t translate well on posts  ;D

With Cristian Fletcher and Bert in the Sunova booth, it’s extremely entertaining 😎

What's weird is if I click on the photo it displays right side up. It must figure I'm in the northern hemisphere

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 05:32:33 PM »
Creek-

Huge shoutout to Will Skudin posting a pic of you two on his instagram.  Hes obviously the shining light  for Northeast surfing and was so cool to see you on there.  Messaged him that it was a legendary pic!

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 04:48:09 AM »
i follow whitewaterwilly, but didnt see it

headed for monmouth in an hour or two--not sure where yet--my proner buddies are gonna make the call

still lotta south in it--more west later--shd be nice
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
not to thread steal- but it was firing here today Eastie.  Im laid up with a broken rib but watched tons of folks score- hope you did too.

supthecreek

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 07:07:50 PM »
Creek-

Huge shoutout to Will Skudin posting a pic of you two on his instagram.  Hes obviously the shining light  for Northeast surfing and was so cool to see you on there.  Messaged him that it was a legendary pic!

That's pretty wild, thanks for letting me know.
I was all grommed out when he came to the booth..... I told him he was freeking out of his mind to charge those massive slabs all over the world  ;D

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 04:21:27 AM »
7 pres was windy--big sweep--but i got a few good ones,one very good---one very bad wipeout--blocked, tried to go highline on a big brown jersey wall--it threw me down good--shaken, undamaged, i kept surfing

wetwillie's bro john, head lifeguard at LB, rides my balastar knee board--he had a bad hip rplmt--put him on his knees--he rips that board
years ago i had ditched prone bc of my bad hip, was enjoying knee-boarding and sponging when i saw sup--sold the knee board cheap--never looked back
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »
It was great to meet you at the show, Rick.  The Sunova surfboards look great!
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 05:32:45 PM »
Nice hanging out with you with Sunova and talking SUP, Creek!  And great seeing you again, Robert... your booth and Carver Foils looked great!  I think Robert is going to cost me another $800 sharing stoke about wingfoiling though I have been resisting so far...  Here are a few pictures of some legends at the Sunova and Blue Planet booths.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »
were foils in the mix?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
were foils in the mix?

Not much--mostly lifestyle products.  Tino told me that this show vs. the September one is more focused on pure surf than SUP/Foil. 

Robert brought a nice Carver board and foil, NSP brought a DC foil and I saw this new Flying Dutchman 6'0 from SIC.  There were also a couple of e-Foils.

supthecreek

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
Andrew 805, it was great getting to know you over the few days of EXPO and pizza!
Glad you had a pic cuz I somehow have misplaced my camera, so many of my pics are in limbo at the moment.
Tino's trying to get me back to Thailand to take the Foil Camp that you inaugurated.... eeek, don't know about that yet ;D

Since EXPO, I learned that there were many more people that I would have loved to visit, but the event is so huge, it's impossible to cover the whole place.

I did catch up with Ben Gravy, whom I have immense respect for.... he is an awesome role model for so many groms!

Caio Ibelli (amazing WSL Pro) spent a lot of time talking to Bert Burger about a custom Sunova.... super nice guy!

And..... I ran into my old friend Balsa Bill Yerkes, whom I hadn't seen him in decades.
When Billy owned the Iconic Sundek Swimwear in the 70's and 80's, he built it into one of the largest surf apparel companies in the world.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 06:42:54 PM »
Andrew 805, it was great getting to know you over the few days of EXPO and pizza!
Glad you had a pic cuz I somehow have misplaced my camera, so many of my pics are in limbo at the moment.
Tino's trying to get me back to Thailand to take the Foil Camp that you inaugurated.... eeek, don't know about that yet ;D

Yes--what a great time in Florida and so many great stories shared!  You need to do it--a week with James Casey in Thailand!  I need to write up a review when I find a moment...progressed my foiling more than I can say!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal