Author Topic: Info on big wave sup boards?  (Read 12518 times)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Info on big wave sup boards?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 08:50:32 PM »
Here's a 12' PSH gun in perfect shape... Just in case someone is interested..

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/d/laguna-beach-psh-12-sup/7065705022.html

It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Info on big wave sup boards?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:58 PM »
Great thread! I love guns and love surfing them in their element here in northern california, and wanted to give the 12 foot Jimmy Lewis Bombora some love. I have both that and the 12' psh, and while I love the psh, the jl is my go to when it gets big. The psh feels a bit more cruisery slow, doesn't blast through sections as well, and just doesn't feel as "elegant" to me. Hard to describe. There's a few critical differences in the shape, dims below. Could definitely just be my fin setup though. My JL is one of the earlier models and it's single fin only, and I ride my psh as a 2+1. I don't mean to bash the psh, I love it too, but the jl has a big advantage: it's still in production.

I also have the Son of Bombora, which I like too, but the 12 is my go to when it gets huge because I'm a wuss and the SOB doesn't have the same long and lean feel. And I just love the drop on the 12. I love everything about that board. I could hang it on a wall and just stare at it. But I hate carrying it!

Should mention, I'm about 6' on a good day, probably about 220# on a bad day.

PSH 12' Gun
Length: 12'0"
Width: 28 7/8"
Thickness: 4 3/4"
196 litere

Jimmy Lewis Bombora
Length: 12'
Width: 27.5
Thickness: 4.5"
Volume: 165 liters

I keep meaning to do a photo shoot comparing the shapes.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:45:31 PM by wrybread »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal