Author Topic: Anyone foiling Santa Barbara?  (Read 2900 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Anyone foiling Santa Barbara?
« on: December 27, 2019, 10:55:33 PM »
I'm spending the coming week there house-sitting for a friend and looking to get out there.  I don't know the area well at all, so any recommendations would be most appreciated, feel free to PM me if you don't want to blow up your secret spot  ;)

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone foiling Santa Barbara?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 12:08:39 AM »
Not really a secret spot, but my friends in SB, come down to Mondos to foil the mushy waves which can be really good on the right day.  I have heard of other spots in SB proper that folks have foiled but don't have first hand experience.

frenchfoiler

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 01:29:01 AM »
I'm spending the coming week there house-sitting for a friend and looking to get out there.  I don't know the area well at all, so any recommendations would be most appreciated, feel free to PM me if you don't want to blow up your secret spot  ;)

Mondos, south of SB is a good spot for foiling (I don't know how is the sand bar right now but usually it is better mid tide).
Mostly beginners on the inside so if you foil on the side as most foilers do you will be fine.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »
Just got back from a ski trip so not sure about the sandbar but did hear from my friends that the beach has disappeared with the NW swells as it does every winter so getting down the rocks can be a bit tricky now (you can do it from the south or North side) and there are probably rocks showing mid Mondos.  Agree that mid-tide to mid-high is best.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
great - thanks guys.  I will report back whatever I find.  Anyone try to foil rincon out on the shoulder of the wave in front of the surfers, or is it just too crowded and vibed?  I'm used to staying on the shoulder at crowded breaks ( ex: Cowells in Santa Cruz )

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »
Hey, I stopped at the FCD shop yesterday in Ventura. Fletcher Chouinard’s place. They sell CloudIX foils and boards. I’ll bet they’d be a good stop. Maybe call and see if he’s in one day and group by for some 411. Also, Cloud 9 dudes foil a lot. I’ll bet they’d help you out just out of goodwill. They are in Ventucky too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal