Author Topic: Make a wish...  (Read 1357 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Make a wish...
« on: December 31, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
A recent conversation and related experience have me thinking about an issue I hadn't considered. Most of us have a wing leash on one arm and an ankle or calf leash on one leg. A tangle issue, but generally just irritating--until you get into larger surf. Which I did yesterday, and getting worked had me thinking I was a wishbone from a thanksgiving turkey. The wing goes one way, the board goes the other, and I'm in the middle feeling maybe more like an extra in a remake of Ben Hur.

Obviously there are solutions, I could move everything to a waist belt, but I don't want to lose everything to one failure. That would be both expensive and dangerous on its own. I could stay the hell out of larger surf, but that ain't going to happen.

I look forward to your experience and suggestions.

Beasho may have thought of this if he's contemplating a wing. In the waves he rides this would be an instant Really Big Problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:47:55 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Make a wish...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »
I have an eject button on my board leash. Our situation here, is dealing with beach break. Saving my wing ding comes first for me.

My ejection system is a kite leash release, tied on my board leash. The kite leash release, attaches to my harness.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal