Author Topic: Sunny winter surf session at SanO  (Read 3014 times)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sunny winter surf session at SanO
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:31:25 AM »
Oki got me motivated to post some recent footage. I've been surfing a lot but not filming, so I went for a dual POV outing and edited it in Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm just starting to figure it out. No smooth transitions. Haven't figured out how to do that yet??  I noticed the quality exported lower than I thought.

Here you go ::)

https://youtu.be/5xxs9zOOGZg
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:39:48 AM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Sunny winter surf session at SanO
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 07:15:55 AM »
That was a nice video. I also paid attention to where you had your feet  placed on the board. If you don't mind me asking, what are the specifications of the board you were riding and what fin configuration ( 3 fin, 4 fin) were you using?

Sometimes down at Surfside where I sup surf on the upper Texas coast, those small waves you encountered are what I find if there is not enough wind at Surfside. But with those type of small waves at the end of the Surfside Jetty, since the jetty is one half mile in length, it is a very nice gliding type of ride back to the beach. Then, it is a "looong" paddle back out to the end of the jetty.

As for the quality of the video. I watched it in 1080p HD and it looked great to me. Thanks for sharing your video.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »
Looks like a nice session TD!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:13:20 PM »
That was a nice video. I also paid attention to where you had your feet  placed on the board. If you don't mind me asking, what are the specifications of the board you were riding and what fin configuration ( 3 fin, 4 fin) were you using?

Sometimes down at Surfside where I sup surf on the upper Texas coast, those small waves you encountered are what I find if there is not enough wind at Surfside. But with those type of small waves at the end of the Surfside Jetty, since the jetty is one half mile in length, it is a very nice gliding type of ride back to the beach. Then, it is a "looong" paddle back out to the end of the jetty.

As for the quality of the video. I watched it in 1080p HD and it looked great to me. Thanks for sharing your video.
My board is an L41 simsup ST  8'8 x 32" 146 liters with a lower rocker and a wide tail. It's only set up for a Quad fin setup and comes with Futures 'Controller Alpha's'. They work great just as I got the board. This board glides like a longboard, but turns like a shortboard. It's perfect for the smaller long slopey waves we get most of the time. At SanO, during mid tide there is usually a larger outside reef break that will be shoulder high, and an inside reef section that will break waist high. The bigger sets will connect all the way through both sections. I'll get 40 to 50 second rides. On another break near by, I've recorded myself riding one wave for over a minute. 
It's not overhead to me!

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »

My board is an L41 simsup ST  8'8 x 32" 146 liters with a lower rocker and a wide tail. It's only set up for a Quad fin setup and comes with Futures 'Controller Alpha's'. They work great just as I got the board. This board glides like a longboard, but turns like a shortboard. It's perfect for the smaller long slopey waves we get most of the time.

Thanks for the specifications and the synopsis of why you like your board. When I was a lurker on here before I registered, I was always looking for details from the registered members on here when doing research for my first sup.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
That Sim Sup looks super fun! Nice sunny glass at The O! And now I know what that is like first hand!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
the 'out loud' narration of paddling out was just amazing.  You literally said, out loud, what every surfer thinks while paddling out.  Was by far my favorite part.   

We've all been there!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »
the 'out loud' narration of paddling out was just amazing.  You literally said, out loud, what every surfer thinks while paddling out.  Was by far my favorite part.   

We've all been there!
It's the real reality surf footage.  ::)
I've been surfing a different break lately. I'll post some footage soon. Too much work going now :(
It's not overhead to me!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal