Author Topic: wind wing industry is growing  (Read 14751 times)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: wind wing industry is growing
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 05:33:38 PM »
That orange wing looks identical to the F-one. I hope it is an Fone prototype. Take my money. I want that window.

supkailua

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »
Just as another opinion I am OK without the window. Once in a while I raise it over my head to glance around, but in general I have not had any problem without the window.

I suppose it could have to do with the number of people on the water in the area you are in.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that in case someone is thinking of getting the F-One Swing but is concerned it does not have a window.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2020, 02:56:44 AM »
Here is a Smik wing.  What an awesome vid as well.  Ahhhhhh....

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 06:11:21 AM »
Scotty is The Man.  There seem few people as emersed in his business as Scott.  He even travels the World delivering boards...

Here's a video of a first-timer using his kit.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »
Just as another opinion I am OK without the window. Once in a while I raise it over my head to glance around, but in general I have not had any problem without the window.

I suppose it could have to do with the number of people on the water in the area you are in.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that in case someone is thinking of getting the F-One Swing but is concerned it does not have a window.

I miss the window going downwind or when there are beaucoup windsurfers aiming for the same wave.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »
Looks like lots of brand wings and sizes are coming out and hopefully be competitive to gong prices.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 06:27:02 AM »
JEG,  If recent history is an example, only the price of unpopular things, or proven failures, go down.  The base iPhone 4 was $200.

Jim

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 07:24:38 AM »
JEG,  If recent history is an example, only the price of unpopular things, or proven failures, go down.  The base iPhone 4 was $200.

Jim

That’s a misleading statement Jim. Iphone 4 msrp was $599. 200 was possible with subsidies from carriers that lured you into lengthy contracts. I just don’t see wing companies jerk their prices even higher.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 08:18:31 AM »
Starting to get my dealer pricing on the new wings and I'm not seeing any decrease in prices, more of an increase if anything. Plus I'm sure they'll use the virus as an excuse to raise prices

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »
' nets... 'I don't know?!' ...that was a simple lift from a G-search.  I should know - I have one sitting in a charger.  I frankly prefer the size.

iPhone 4 comes in either black or white and will be available in the US for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model in both Apple and AT&T's retail and online stores, Best Buy and Wal-Mart stores.Jun 7, 2010
Computer models: iPhone 4, Apple II, Macintosh
Operating systems developed: iOS 4, macOS
Consumer product: Apple II

Apple Presents iPhone 4 - Applewww.apple.com › newsroom › 2010/06 › 07Apple-Presents-iPhone-4

In case someone is looking for it ..there's iPhone #1 (also C/P'd) for $11k on eBay.

Jim

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2020, 11:26:28 AM »
I believe wing prices will increase slightly for next year.  The Virus will also affect delivery times as many of  the Factories shut down for a week or 2 including cargo and delivery companies. Some companies are also using new more expensive materials to make stronger and lighter wings.  Hopefully not too much but I would say up to 10%.
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2020, 12:12:53 PM »
Starting to get my dealer pricing on the new wings and I'm not seeing any decrease in prices, more of an increase if anything. Plus I'm sure they'll use the virus as an excuse to raise prices

Then retail shop need really think about their competitive prices to those want to stay in the game  ;)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2020, 01:25:32 PM »
There are great wings available in all sizes in the shops now.  That is a big difference from even last fall when we were still all trying to get our hands on core sizes.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »
Switch has a wing coming

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal