Author Topic: For Those that don't already know...the paddlesports world just lost friend....  (Read 2386 times)

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
https://www.hoodrivernews.com/gorge-life/steve-gates-water-sports-mentor-business-pioneer-and-former-hr/article_93619d98-0d54-11ea-93e5-97fa52cc4757.html

Yesterday there was a large crowd of friends and fans that did a large "paddle out" event in honor of Steve. He is going to be greatly missed.
I credit him for inspiring me and my wife getting into SUP and we are forever grateful as it changed our whole lifestyle.
There is a great drone video of the event over on Facebook. Big Winds also has a nice tribute to Steve on their website. Check it out.
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Sad... but made a little less so if you think of his life well lived.

I once bought a paddle case from Big Winds for an upcoming trip. The order got lost, and Steve mailed me his personal paddle bag as a loaner.  A small piece of evidence of a great guy.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
One of the few people of whom I've thought "I should be more like him."
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Such a magnificent guy.  This is a deep loss. 

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I didn't know him all that well but from the little I did he was a true giver and very gracious with his time.
in progress...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal