Author Topic: Any Lift Foil reviews  (Read 4111 times)

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any Lift Foil reviews
« on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:49 AM »
Not the eFoil.

I fondled one over the weekend and noticed that they were considerably lighter and the build quality was pretty impressive.  They have a new modular setup to interchange wings.  I just havent seen one out in the lineup.  I talked to a prone guy who uses it and he loves it.  Just was wondering how it would be under a SUP.  thanks.

https://liftfoils.com/surf-foils/complete-setups/

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Any Lift Foil reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 01:04:37 PM »
Small.

Take note of how fast the sport is advancing and which brands are keeping up. Massive wings. Wings that look like they came off a glider. Tiny tail wings, huge tail wings, etc. 30” masts, etc.

Do you want to future proof your investment....

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
Yes I’ve ridden the 150 , 170 , 170 fish & 200. Very thin leading edge so slow to lift but they are really dynamic on the wave . Not really that good on Sups you need the 200 & 250. They don’t have a good slow speed glide and drop quickly. But the young guys on the prone are blowing it to bits on them. I like it as a tow foil but they are just a bit touch much work on the prone for me . They now have the 2 piece fuselage which is great and also means you can change tail wings now . Shape wise they are really different to everything else on the market with such deep cords but still high aspect features. Nicks build quality is just first class so strong & light.
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 02:30:06 PM »
thanks Dwight and Piros for your input. 

I am on the original GF setup for the past year and am contemplating my next move, either upgrade GF or check out other brands.  I am leaning towards another brand to Dwight's point to future proof my investment.   Seems like the top brands out there (from what i have seen in southern California) are GF, Armstrong and Axis. 

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
As far as "Future Proofing" goes very hard to go past Axis . This is by far the most flexible/modular system available world wide at a very good price point. They have 4 different size Alu mast plus the new Full Carbon version , 3 different length fuselages plus a wind foil Fuselage , 5 different rear wings (so good) 9 front wings with more on the way ( more incredible wings ) everything is interchangeable. The single biggest feature of Axis is Adrian's reaction to market trends and getting new wings out fast to team riders then into straight into production , the conception stage to market is just so fast , which is what we all want and not have to wait until next season. The whole kit breaks down nicely and fits inside my suit case which is another big plus. Plenty of other good quality brands out there but no one else can offer all that choice. Weight wise with 90 wing , 75 Alu mast is basically same weight as the GL180 on a 29.5 mast.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:31:48 PM by Piros »
Von Piros Productions

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 11:20:16 PM »
Shape wise they are really different to everything else on the market with such deep cords but still high aspect features.

I really don't understand this comment.  Isn't a deep chord the opposite of high-aspect?

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 07:16:59 AM »
Piros

Any thoughts on Axis vs Armstrong?

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
jondrums:- It's a ratio over all not just the cord , the Lifts have a very thin leading edge compared to say the old Go foils so they are a much higher aspect .That's a really basic explanation there is a lot more to it though.

Fatfish:- Haven't spoken to an unhappy Armstrong owner plus the new 1550 looks like a killer ,  they are bringing out new wings (front & rear) now that are solid on the tips so you can cut them down which is insane. Alot of team/pro riders are constantly modifying gear so they have just made it easier to your own mods. I picked up the new 2 piece Axis fuse yesterday it really is much lighter plus I found out they are bringing out a thinner mast , so same cord but apx 3/16 thinner. The new 1010 wing hits the Aus stores in about a week as well.  Re which is best no clear winner Armstrong were originally designed and built by the NZ Americas cup crew so build quality is A1. I would never recommend to sell one to buy the other . Axis has the best range by far but Armstrong is working hard to bridge that gap. Two top Kiwi companies.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:12:56 PM by Piros »
Von Piros Productions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal