Author Topic: Medium to Higher End Inflatable Performance on Flatwater  (Read 1218 times)

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Medium to Higher End Inflatable Performance on Flatwater
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »
I agree about a hardboard performing much better, and if this is an option, then go for it. However, there has been a marked improvement in inflatables over the last few years. I have the Hala Hoss carbon 11 X 34, and it is definitely stiffer than your standard 11 foot inflatable, but the Red offerings in 12'6" and 13'2, definitely glide better than my 11 footer, and are stiffer than most brands on the market. The newer starboards in the deluxe construction with the additional air chamber have improved stiffness overall on the water.

I have not had the chance to paddle the newest offerings from Naish, Hala, Starboard, so can't comment on stiffness for the Airline, Maliko, etc, but a 140 pound female is going to notice much less flex than a 200 or even a 170 pound individual.

I believe the Maliko scored the highest grade for stiffness out of any inflatable supboarder has ever tested, so that would interesting to try in the wider version.

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
Re: Medium to Higher End Inflatable Performance on Flatwater
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
Inflatables may not suit everybody, but are suitable more often than not. 140# and 5'7" won't stress premium inflatable SUPs. I'm 195# and 6' and find my 14' All Star Airline and 10'6" Ride to be great boards for their designed purpose. Much the same way I enjoy my 8' carbon surf SUP in the waves.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Owner, Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, Naish, Fanatic, K-Pump, Accent Paddles, Ke Nalu, Dakine, Onyx, FCS, Vamo