Author Topic: The World's Sexiest Sup  (Read 10776 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
The World's Sexiest Sup
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:53:06 PM »
The 9'2" Hull Ripper in white w/black, blue, and white deck pad is my new favorite. Ya know how a board has those curves that just make you go "ahhhh""? I call her "White Lightening" and just realized i forgot to add that to my edit! Oooops!  :P
Loaded a trial version of PowerDirector18 for this one. Last of my summer clips here.
https://youtu.be/6YBOCum1ZYM
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: The World's Sexiest Sup
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
The last of your summer clips!  ???  Egads!!  :o Say it isn't so.  :(

Another nice clip for us to enjoy.  :)  Nice sup surfing on your new favorite.  And a nice quad fin setup for her too.  8)

Thanks for sharing.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 08:20:20 AM »
Some beautiful waves and your surfing looks good esp considering your shoulder situation!!    Can’t wait to see the “after” video next summer!!
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »
Nice one Marc...   YIKES! had all wall and no floor.  'Looked like a hero for a sec or two...

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:43:32 PM »
Fantastic! She sure is sexy :-*

Did you try her in junk waves?
in progress...

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 03:49:23 AM »
Nice edit and good surfing Marc!
The second half waves were awesome.

Is that a new deckpad? The colors look pretty vibrant.

Amazing that you can hold up a paddle cam with one shoulder, while the other needs total replacement

I can't even lift an empty paddle over shoulder high.... either shoulder.
To use a paddle cam, I have to lay it up on my shoulder like a rifle.

The only way I can paddle at all, is to have my lower hand, give the top hand a free ride up for the paddle stroke.  ;D ;D

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 05:55:24 AM »
Sweet edit, great waves, and good surfing!

Thanks for sharing. What I wouldn't give for some long shoulders like that...

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 06:56:01 AM »
Appreciating all the stoke, boyzz! Muchas gracias para todos commenteros. Didn't use Google translate for that one! Trying to keep my espanol sharp for my next trip to Central America...if there ever is one again (hopefully).
  I've a favor to ask. Can some of you post a picture of youselves with your real name? I feel so disconnected to some of you. Oki and Creek your off the hook!

The last of your summer clips!  ???  Egads!!  :o Say it isn't so.  :(
I here ya, Winger! And to make matters worse we are having record lows here in the North East. Been quite frigid lately!

Your surfing looks good esp considering your shoulder situation!! Can’t wait to see the “after” video next summer!!
  Thanx, SS. This video was the last coupla days I surfed in September before dry docking. My shoulder was feeling the stress for sure so I too can't wait for the "After Video". Have a feeling it will be a slow climb to regain my prior performance level.

YIKES! had all wall and no floor.  'Looked like a hero for a sec or two...
I'm afraid those comments went right over my head. I guess "All wall and no floor" refers the steepness and hollowness of the waves. " 'Looked like a hero for a sec or two"...the GoPro clips at the end?

Fantastic! She sure is sexy :-*  Did you try her in junk waves?
lol...thanx, burch. Funny you mention the sexy bit. I love how the right board feels like a curvy female when you pick it up!  :-* Well, not quite the same thing.  :P I did ride the Hull Ripper in some junky slop. It seemed to work ok although a little tippy considering the full rocker, double concave, narrow and pulled in outline, and exaggerated chine in the rails. The first day I rode it in some REALLY choppy stuff but didn't cam up. Here's an edit from the SOLOSHOTedit software on a slightly better day but still a bit choppy. Not sure if you can view w/out an account so I also posted a coupla shots from it. https://app.soloshot.com/video/3c7156eb-841b-482c-9fcd-8bd53bd0ea11

Is that a new deckpad? The colors look pretty vibrant. Amazing that you can hold up a paddle cam with one shoulder, while the other needs total replacement  I can't even lift an empty paddle over shoulder high.... either shoulder.
It is the original deck pad, according to the seller. He brought that board back fro HI. It came from Blueline, where ever that is.
Didn't realize you had shoulder issues. When I first dry docked I kept saying "Please pull the ice pick outa my shoulder"! Then my wife was like "Go get the surgery already. What are you waiting for"?! You look strong still in the surf, Creek, but maybe you should have your condition diagnosed? At least you'll know what your status is.

Sweet edit, great waves, and good surfing! What I wouldn't give for some long shoulders like that...
Thanx, Oki. I'm pretty grateful for being able to live really close to those waves, be able to surf them with some degree of proficiency, and record the whole thing. Then actually edit a coherent video to share. PowerDirector is my favorite editor by far. I do have Premiere Pro loaded in my pc but it doesn't have all those fun add-ons like PD.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:02:32 AM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »
Got some nice long lefts.... Cookie. Chill music is perfect. Personally, I'm finding the wider tail little more attractive these days :D
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 06:39:14 AM »
Fantastic! She sure is sexy :-*  Did you try her in junk waves?
lol...thanx, burch. Funny you mention the sexy bit. I love how the right board feels like a curvy female when you pick it up!  :-* Well, not quite the same thing.  :P I did ride the Hull Ripper in some junky slop. It seemed to work ok although a little tippy considering the full rocker, double concave, narrow and pulled in outline, and exaggerated chine in the rails. The first day I rode it in some REALLY choppy stuff but didn't cam up. Here's an edit from the SOLOSHOTedit software on a slightly better day but still a bit choppy. Not sure if you can view w/out an account so I also posted a coupla shots from it. https://app.soloshot.com/video/3c7156eb-841b-482c-9fcd-8bd53bd0ea11

Perfect. That's exactly the kind of waves I was talking about. Seems like the board could handle a good range of conditions. Balance didn't seem to be an issue in that footage. Good stuff, Thx.
in progress...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal