Author Topic: Longboard SUP Advice  (Read 17427 times)

supthecreek

Re: Longboard SUP Advice
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »
Hi Paddle On

As I posted above, I have the 10' Style. (video posted above)
It's a great board for all around surfing, pretty much handles any conditions.

The 10' is a bit narrow for my 235 lbs, at 29" wide, but I am comfortable on it.

The 10' XL is a full 1.5 inches wider, but only 7 liters more volume.... should be super comfortable for you.

They paddle really well, catch waves easy and really fun to surf.

Today is the last day to get an order in for the February container
If you want one before May.... email me ASAP. Before 9pm Pacific Coast Time

supthecreek@gmail.com

PresidentStSup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 08:37:57 AM »
Want to thank everybody that chimed in here. Was planning on putting off the search until after the New Year, but found out that Blue Planet was running deals that couldn't be refused. Ended up ordering a NP10 (10'x28" @127L). Hoping to receive by early next week and get it out next time there is a bump in the swell in NY.

Would be glad to do a writeup of initial impressions once received, but doubt I could offer anything more in depth that what OkiWild has already offered on this board.

Thanks again guys.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
I had the pleasure of riding that board for a couple of weeks in Waikiki last year.  One of the most maneuverable 10 footers I've been on.  Looking forward to your review PSS.

jarvissup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 03:33:00 AM »
We've owned quite a variety of makes and boards. When it comes to long boards, though I haven't tried them all, I like the Imagine boards. This past summer I had a day that we compared the Fanatic Style Master 9x29, the New Deal 9x28 and my old Imagine Impact 9x28.5 in decent stomach high waves on Hatteras. The Imagine was, all around, the better board. The New Deal a hair snappier, but it is carbon and lighter. The Style Master wasn't even close. It felt more like a beginner board compared to the other two. We rode them all with the same fin set up.
     Imagine is coming back, and will be distributed by Adventure Sports Miami again, I'm glad of it. Dave Kalama knows how to shape a board.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal