Author Topic: Show us your GoPro mounts for wingfoiling (Hero 8 etc.)  (Read 67309 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your GoPro mounts for wingfoiling (Hero 8 etc.)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 08:56:32 AM »
But I will add that for following, a mouth mount is key.

Wetstuff, the good mouth mounts don’t restrict breathing. You hold them in your teeth and can breath fine. Think about it, how would those guys surf Pipe without breathing right?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »
Where is the cam mounted in this?

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
Mouth mount gave me near instant lock jaw. I can’t relax and hold it in my mouth.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 03:06:48 PM »
Admin, that’s the thing about the new Insta360 and GoPro 360 cams. It almost doesn’t matter. I’d guess that the cam is on a pole mounted to the end of the wing. Since they paint out the pole you really can’t tell. And since it’s 360, you can pick your shot after you shoot 

It’s a new paradigm. Once we got done trying to make weird wrap around videos for the 4 people who have headsets they figured out that pulling a 2D frame out of the 360 is way cooler.

Imagine holding a cam pole and not worrying where it was pointed. Follow your partner and then, in your phone or computer later, choose to show yourself or the person you’re following at any time. Panning around the shot or just setting the frame to follow the other person.

Check out Insta360x on YouTube. I think it’s a game changer as you can just shoot and figure it out later.

It took me a while to get my head around this idea. I played with one the other day and I kept trying to hold it so the camera was aimed at me lol. You literally can’t not hold it that way as it shoots a complete sphere. Crazy. But once you think of the possibilities, other action cams see silly.

Shoot now, choose your shot later, when you’re not trying to hold a wing and fly a foil, right?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
Very cool!  I would love to know the specifics of the pole mount or see a pic of the setup.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 03:31:34 AM »
Or this https://youtu.be/OdOtxpeC_lw?t=159 ?   :)

There is some incredible flowing wave footage in this vid.  Worth watching the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdOtxpeC_lw

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
There is some incredible flowing wave footage in this vid.  Worth watching the whole thing.

forget the camera setups - where is that property and can I rent it?  sandy beach for kite launch and world class looking wave...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal