Author Topic: Yet another diy wing  (Read 68592 times)

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yet another diy wing
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »
Great work jamallstar and the wing cord and span look bigger on it self but once on the fuselage it looks well balance, soo good to see your work well done. I have a go foil maliko tail and how would you modify it to make it faster and stable?

jamallstar

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2019, 09:28:02 AM »
Cheers jeg, Its 1180mm x 200 x maybe 30mm, not the smallest wing but pretty high aspect.
I have a maliko tail for this foil, chopped about 70mm off each tip. I havent really tried it surfing since the chop but downwinding it is faster and  alot looser to turn but also lost alot of pumping power. I would just buy a new tail wing if it were me

This is my second  session on the gull, still cant quite figure out the pumping cadence  it feels alot different to anything ive tried so far. Seems to really like short sharp pumps

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5T0xNVAPKl/?igshid=1ith3ef203v4g

Sent from my SM-J260Y using Tapatalk

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2019, 02:56:47 PM »
Outstanding Jamallstar , that works so well . Well done. ;D
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

HBsups

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 12:32:40 AM »
Cool project Jamallstar! Although I reckon it will go better with the Steinlarger classic than the Macs gold....!

Do you mind posting a bit on how you made the actual board (ie the choped surfboard)? I'm particularly interested in how you got strength and water seal in the connection to the foil base plate and how you sealed the cut section...
Thanks in anticipation, and apologies if I have missed the description elsewhere.

Cheers HB

container

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2019, 09:39:45 AM »
HB, i dont have any pictures of the board conversion but that ones now f**ked so ill be doing another one in the next week or so, ill post a how to as its really simple and makes a perfect dockstart/towing board for next to no $$

ive done a couple of 10 mile downwinders on the gull recently, super happy with how it performs. really fast and turns easily for its size. i havent played round with the tail wing angle at all, not until im fluent in riding it as is. it seems to get quite pitch sensitive at high speed probably due to the leading edge shape and neutral tail angle. still feels really good for pumping tho so maybe it will just have to be a bit of a trade off

https://www.instagram.com/p/B53UyRHgE_1/

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »
thats cool vid container  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal