Author Topic: Thanks Giving Turkeys  (Read 26600 times)

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Thanks Giving Turkeys
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »
We are in the interior of B.C. east Kootenay in the small town of Windermere at a family gathering for Thanksgiving weekend. Staying at my mom’s small cabin. I was out this morning getting drinking water from a mountain stream and came upon a flock of twenty five wild turkeys who were happy to be outside and not on our plates. Wishing you all a warm and peaceful Holliday time.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Giving Turkeys
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:53:38 PM »
That's one of the fastest growing populations in our country, due mostly to the reduction in natural predators.
State bird of Ala., Mass., Okla., and S. Carolina, but can be found in almost all states.
They are everywhere in ever increasing large numbers here in San Luis Obispo county, and after living here since '71 I can easily attest to that.  Now days I wake up to their squawking and gobbling almost every morning, and they think they own the streets, walking right down the middle of them, and they won't move out of the way w/o blasting the horn.  I used to think they were very cool, not so much anymore.
We will never run out of turkeys.

It takes a quiver to do that.

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:41:04 AM »
Yes it sounds like there are more turkeys down south. Not so much of a problem here.  I forgot that Thanks Giving is earlier here.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 04:43:29 AM »
Woodsey cabin and mountain stream water sound awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving Bob!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal