Author Topic: Concerts You've Been To In 2019???  (Read 6388 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Concerts You've Been To In 2019???
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 09:06:59 AM »
QB,   About as close to a concert I have gotten since C,S,N in Madison Wisconsin.  ('Three Dead in Ohio' gives me shivers thinking about hearing it live...) is Queen, the movie on HBO.

I was shocked at how well that Rami Malek played that part. Never noticed Queen much back then, but 'that' was a performance.

Jim

Hi Wetstuff. Yes, I loved Crosby Stills Nash and Young and also saw them in concert many, many years ago. Unfortunately, the concert I was at was not the best. Certainly not because of CSN & Y. It was the crowd. CSN & Y came on stage, played a couple of songs, and said they had played a four hour show the night before in Seattle, so they were going to start tonight off slow. But they were going to do even better than they did in Seattle. Or at least words to that effect. Then they started doing some of their acoustic stuff, which I loved. Well the crowd just kept shouting for rock and roll and you could see the band getting frustrated. So finally they did some faster rock tunes and made a much earlier exit than I’m sure they had intended. I’m still glad I saw them, but the crowd really screwed that one up. Also agree that Four Way Street was a fantastic album.
As for the Bohemian Rhapsody, it was a great show. We don’t go to a lot of movies, but we saw that one twice. And if you liked the music, go on YouTube and look up a fellow named Marc Martel. He did all the singing. You can also see the complete Queen performance at Live Aid on YouTube.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 09:52:37 AM »
Buggers!!!  "Marc Martel. He did all the singing."  ....c'hit, I thought that Malek fellow had a future with those fake teeth.  (I will not tell my wife.). ' Reminds me of the movie, Greatest Showman, (HBO again) where some Swedish soap opera person seems to belt one out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkRoIMyqFo

I purposely live a low-dB life, but some things get thru.

Jim

...I forgot Neil Young - it was a long time ago.

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
Speaking of Crosby Stills Nash and Young, last year I saw Stephen Stills. He was touring with Judy Collins. Stephen Stills was not in good shape. I read online that he had something go wrong with some dental work and it showed. He was having difficulty talking and his performance left a lot to be desired. Judy Collins was still very good, but time has not been kind to Stephen Stills.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »
I haven't gone to many concerts this year, mostly local musicians, but I did attend the Mammoth Mountain Bluesapalooza. This is an outdoor 4 day Blues concert and beer festival in the Eastern Sierras. The main artists we saw were Buddy Guy, Charlie Musselwhite, and Jimmie Vaughan. Also really enjoyed Poppa Chubbie, Emily Wolfe, Reverend Tall Tree and Southern Avenue.

https://mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 01:54:52 PM »
nice lineup bean--even newish artists: sharon von etton and cat power! nice when venues are easy and nearby. no more big stadium shows for me.

learned something -- wasnt aware of this young and stills album

steve stills, sadly, abused the hell out of himself--infamous chronic blow fiend--with all the money to indulge infinitely--he had numerous deviated septum surgeries early on--knew a girl who'd dated him, said he was a nice guy.....

buffalo springfield!

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal