Author Topic: Two Days Of Dorian  (Read 15304 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Two Days Of Dorian
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:58:16 PM »
Left the SOLOSHOT in my car over night and it fogged up, but still scored some good-ish footage on the first day. Second day was golden.
On the new to me 9-2 PSH Hull Ripper w/Gerry Future Quads

https://youtu.be/mCZ1XDXzLoE
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:08:11 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two Days Of Dorian
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:17:22 PM »
Right on Cookie! You squeezed everything out of that hurricane. Nice chill video. Life is good.  8)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 02:14:01 AM »
Nicely done!

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 02:25:05 AM »
@ surfercook

What a beautiful weather wise weekend you had to sup surf. The waves from Dorian looked very nice.

BTW, since a quad fin setup is my favorite for the waves I encounter where I sup surf, how did you like your quad fin setup on your 9-2 Hull Ripper for the waves you sup surfed?
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »
Yeehaaa cookieman!'
Nice complete video of a few good days  :)

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 04:46:41 AM »
Looks like more fun that I had battling wind and crowds at the RockawaysI don’t have the option for a quad. Was thinking about c drive on my 2+1 steeze to get a bit more drive. But my technique holds me back more than technology at this point.  Watch out for Humberto!   
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 05:39:40 AM »
Cool, Marc... ' Nice to see you get that reform  ..and let the proner thru.   

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
Dorian brought best waves of the year to Long beach--brief but excellent window last saturday morning--creek 8'7" loved it--i enjoyed the ride! Caught a tom of great waves, with nary a beating--happy day.

I checked Riis park B149 en rte home, as I often do, and it was world class, with 4 guys in the water--incredible, but i was spent.

Sunday just after high tide saw fun leftovers at Rockaway B90. So funny the crowd there. packed. And they scowl. But they are mostly kooks who never take or make a drop. Starby (repaired, finally) did the trick--board's floatier than the creek, but still skinny enough to make steeper sections. Prefer the creek or the portal on the wave, but starby hits most of the pleasure on the wave, but is easier to position in the chop among the kooks!! Thousands of them.......

Hallo Humberto!!!  looked like wind'd be westy, but no mas--gon have plenty of north--RI and LI will fire nicely!!

I am going to get th pm and fri am--college family weekend upstate with my last (of 4) freshman.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 09:04:48 AM »
Dorian brought best waves of the year to Long beach--brief but excellent window last saturday morning--creek 8'7" loved it--i enjoyed the ride! Caught a tom of great waves, with nary a beating--happy day.

I checked Riis park B149 en rte home, as I often do, and it was world class, with 4 guys in the water--incredible, but i was spent.

Sunday just after high tide saw fun leftovers at Rockaway B90. So funny the crowd there. packed. And they scowl. But they are mostly kooks who never take or make a drop. Starby (repaired, finally) did the trick--board's floatier than the creek, but still skinny enough to make steeper sections. Prefer the creek or the portal on the wave, but starby hits most of the pleasure on the wave, but is easier to position in the chop among the kooks!! Thousands of them.......

Hallo Humberto!!!  looked like wind'd be westy, but no mas--gon have plenty of north--RI and LI will fire nicely!!

I am going to get th pm and fri am--college family weekend upstate with my last (of 4) freshman.

I guess I'll have to try Riis. 90th street on the weekend when Surfline is green is no fun. 65th maybe a little better as you can move to different groins up and downtown. But still, I'd like to try something even less popular.   
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 11:51:41 AM »
90th street is the Cowells of the northeast.

I was one and done there.   if you have any type of transportation outside of public so many other places to go.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 03:02:56 AM »
the jetty peak at b90 is packed, waves or not--so funny--it can be dead flat on the cam yet youll see ten guys on the peak---no point in even trying to get the peak wave--beachbreak to the west aint bad

67 has been holding well recently, but again, packed---had to straighten out a few times yesterday bc of dopes on the face--maybe they were sick of seeing me get set waves away from the peak, while the crowd got little?? haha

gotta love sup--can get so many waves that would be unridden by the proners--then slip in and grab last wave in a set on the peak (ehich one can see)--but some folk get cranky when they see wave count climbing while theyre sitting in an impossible crowd--whatever

time to saddle up!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 02:08:27 PM »
Thanks eastbound for the tip. Riis was so fun today. Had some nice sand bars giving me some nice smooth long rides. And no crowds.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal