Author Topic: BIG wings...7m  (Read 167812 times)

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: BIG wings...7m
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
I've ordered several things through Gong and they take about a week to deliver from the day you place the order to Seattle. I've never had any issues with them, as long as the item says it's in stock it should ship. I just got my Neon Red/Orange 5M from them, it took a week to get here. I'm excited to try it out! Super light weight. Now I want to add the 7M too  8)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »
I've ordered several things through Gong and they take about a week to deliver from the day you place the order to Seattle. I've never had any issues with them, as long as the item says it's in stock it should ship.
How about ordering and paying for it July 16th and July 19th respectively...a month before their container was to came in?
Short answer: We're still waiting for them down here in San Clemente.

Contacted GONG on Aug 22nd two days before the wings were supposed to be available according to their website just to make sure they didn't forget about us...they replied that they'd have them on the 27th, and that our order would ship out "soon after that".

Got an email Sept 10th that, "The processing of your order #XXXXXX on GONG Galaxy is finished"...almost two weeks after that still no wings, and the USPS has no idea of where they are either; their guess is "still in customs somewhere". Yippee.  :o :(
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2019, 07:34:51 PM »
I've ordered several things through Gong and they take about a week to deliver from the day you place the order to Seattle. I've never had any issues with them, as long as the item says it's in stock it should ship.
How about ordering and paying for it July 16th and July 19th respectively...a month before their container was to came in?

Contacted GONG on Aug 22nd two days before the wings were supposed to be available according to their website just to make sure they didn't forget about us...they replied that they'd have them on the 27th, and that our order would ship out "soon after that".

Got an email Sept 10th that, "The processing of your order #XXXXXX on GONG Galaxy is finished"...almost two weeks after that still no wings, and the USPS has no idea of where they are either; their guess is "still in customs somewhere". Yippee.  :o :(
Well after checking my usps Apps since Friday and no packages headed my way, decided to use the French tracking # on the usps site and unbeknownst to me it actually showed up never thought the French trk# would show up on usps system but it did and it gets interesting it cleared customs on 16th and was shipped to my local post office in calif on the 19th then it was “intercepted”tagged alert never heard that before as this can only be done by sender from my understanding or misscanned by usps, so long story short it’s been stopped shipping wise and not sure where the heck it is now so going to go to my local PO tomorrow and see wtf happened don’t know if they send it back to France or what? keeping my fingers crossed that it’s there so you might check that out put that postel.fr trk# in the usps system and it just might show up maybe similar issue, I actually called the usps # and waited a hr 1 1/2 and they don’t even know where it is, they say this tag is unusual for international package so I’m heading down tomorrow to see if any luck? Thought I’d let you know my issue here good luck update manana
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:14:19 PM by paddlur »
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

supunk

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2019, 11:38:05 PM »
After a couple of months with my 4M and 5M Duotones I have just ordered a 7M Gong. Keeping my fingers crossed. Looks like they come into stock today :)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2019, 11:33:33 AM »

Well after checking my usps Apps since Friday and no packages headed my way, decided to use the French tracking # on the usps site and unbeknownst to me it actually showed up never thought the French trk# would show up on usps system but it did and it gets interesting it cleared customs on 16th and was shipped to my local post office in calif on the 19th then it was “intercepted”tagged alert never heard that before as this can only be done by sender from my understanding or misscanned by usps, so long story short it’s been stopped shipping wise and not sure where the heck it is now so going to go to my local PO tomorrow and see wtf happened don’t know if they send it back to France or what? keeping my fingers crossed that it’s there so you might check that out put that postel.fr trk# in the usps system and it just might show up maybe similar issue, I actually called the usps # and waited a hr 1 1/2 and they don’t even know where it is, they say this tag is unusual for international package so I’m heading down tomorrow to see if any luck? Thought I’d let you know my issue here good luck update manana
Oh wow paddlur, that is definitely a bummer...seems we're both stuck in the same lost package purgatory of...no one knows where our wings are. :o

Last Saturday (9/21) I went to the post office to see if someone there could track it down for us with the La Poste' tracking number - which they were able to put into their system - and was initially told by the nice lady at the counter that, "The package is still in customs...in France".  :'( 

After I showed her that per the La Poste' site that it has supposedly "left French soil" on Saturday the 14th, she then said, "Well, then it must be sitting in NY customs somewhere". IOWs, nobody really know wtf it is!!

But now with your post, even though I've not seen any "intercepted" notification, I can't help wonder like you...if sometime between the 14th, and the 21st, if US customs decided not to let it in, and had it sent back...and why on the 21st the USPS lady said "it was in customs in France".

I sent an email to Jaime at GONG last night asking if he could put a trace or track on it from his end as the company that sent it since I've exhausted all the avenues at my end, and his reply was...
That left France so it is there, and it has to be close and most likely also passing through US Customs which most time it doesn’t take long but that was a big box I sent.

I have no direct contact with the USPS so we will simply have to be patient.

Just going to have to be a bit more patient I’m afraid to say .
...which I guess means now pretty much everyone has washed their hands of it. Good thing it has a "tracking number" on it, so someone could at least try to...oh never mind. :-X :-\
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:37:46 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 03:55:58 PM »
Ok the saga of my wing gets even stranger.Went to local PO station where my wing was allegedly supposed to be since/on the 19th on “intercept”mode via usps trk # and they tell me it has been sent back to customs again or France who knows?the wing was actually 15min from me in local PO receiving it,and this mode sends it back to customs WTF and tracking says only in intercept mode since the 19th nothing else just friggin stuck have no idea we’re its going coming or what,I’m 70mi N of LAX so assume they send back to there,then were to next your guess is good as mine,Gong assures that they did nothing on there end to put the intercept tag to ship somewhere else?So this really sucks ordering from outside the US/ France is turning into be real pain in the arse! Of coarse there’s nice wind to test it out when it’s nowhere to be seen😡been in this intercept mode for 6days now.will see what shakes but starting to doubt ever going to see it now or what damage they do to it wherever it is real pisser,guess whoever received your wings from gong should buy a lottery ticket asap

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »
I've heard from several sources that US customs has been extra special screwed lately as opposed to their usual "you can't touch me, I can do whatever I like with your shit, so shut up and pray" attitude. If I were looking for a serious random number generator it would have something to do with customs transit time and policies. I've had big, scary looking, "WTF is this?" packages delivered without a hitch while a little box full of thyristor boards spent nearly a month bouncing around.

All I can tell you is "shut up and pray", and that seems to be the norm lately. I imagine the trade war with China is having repercussions. Do what the Trump supporters do: Blame Hillary, or maybe Obama.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 09:04:36 PM »
Ok the saga of my wing gets even stranger.Went to local PO station where my wing was allegedly supposed to be since/on the 19th on “intercept”mode via usps trk # and they tell me it has been sent back to customs again or France who knows?the wing was actually 15min from me in local PO receiving it,and this mode sends it back to customs WTF and tracking says only in intercept mode since the 19th nothing else just friggin stuck have no idea we’re its going coming or what,I’m 70mi N of LAX so assume they send back to there,then were to next your guess is good as mine,Gong assures that they did nothing on there end to put the intercept tag to ship somewhere else?So this really sucks ordering from outside the US/ France is turning into be real pain in the arse! Of coarse there’s nice wind to test it out when it’s nowhere to be seen😡been in this intercept mode for 6days now.will see what shakes but starting to doubt ever going to see it now or what damage they do to it wherever it is real pisser,guess whoever received your wings from gong should buy a lottery ticket asap
Well not that it's any consolation for your definite "pisser" of a situation, but the tracking of my order just updated on both the La Poste' and USPS websites. Today La Poste' shows that...

Monday, September 23rd - Your parcel has arrived in the recipient s country. (Longest flight ever apparently, because the last two updates before that were on September 14th - Your parcel has left its country of origin. It is currently being routed...and on September 15th - Your parcel is transiting through our network to be delivered to you as quickly as possible. So eight days in the air...hahaha!)

Monday, September 23rd - Your parcel is clearing customs. (Ruh Roh... :o)

The most encouraging posting from the USPS site was....
September 24, 2019, 8:19 am Processed Through Facility ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)...and it has..."Expected Delivery by WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2019 by 8:00 pm".

So I guess we'll have to see what happens tomorrow.  8)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:06:44 PM by SanoSlatchSup »

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
SSsup did you actually get your wing in your hands?unfortunately in my case seems to continue heading south, went back again to my local PO get another take on what the heck is going on they say that the intercepted tag is a paid service provided to sender to redirect parcel to new location and it appears from what the guy is telling me today that it was redirected and heading back to customs then back to France really WTF is thatGong assured me that they did nothing to interfere/change with recipient address, well there’s only 2 parties that know that trk# Gong” Sender” and myself recipient and I sure as heck did not change it plus you have to pay pretty good amount to change/intercept/redirect package so let’s see wtf is going on? hard to get any solid answers from the PO as The trk#status says the same everyday since the 19th “Intercepted”/ redirected when the wing was literally 15 min from my house now apparently heading back to we’re it came from frustrating is not the word😡 and to make it even worse been breezy everyday great testing weather for a 7m wing around here,Lesson learned hard way purchasing out of the country, but I bought a kite foil from Alpine foil in France couple yrs back went real smooth so I though wtf this will be alright wrong! Been kiting for over 15 yrs 5 yrs foiling and always ridden Naish kites even have the 4m Naish wing but with my weight the 4m needs 20-30 mph to get working for me so it’s kinda useless this time of year around here the 7m would of been the right tool for the job here this time of year, annoying that our big kite companies here in the states don’t make a 7m wing for heavier riders/ lighter air just really can’t comprehend that but gotta hand it to Gong for being the first to actually make em but getting one in the states is proving not easy crapshoot 101, just beside myself on this out of my hands but annoying as all F*&k

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
SSsup did you actually get your wing in your hands?
Not yet. Most of the day today the USPS tracking said "Inbound Into Customs", then I got a text from USPS that said "Inbound Out Of Customs 09/25/19 2:35pm" so figured it was on its way for the "Sept 25 Delivery by 8:00 pm"...cool. Then a couple hours later at 1615 hrs to a USPS text that says, "Expected Delivery by Thursday, September 26, 2019". So the jury's still out on what's gonna happen, and what I'm thinking about the whole situation given what you've been put through...and what's happened so far with GONG, and their terrible communication (ie. customer service).

unfortunately in my case seems to continue heading south, went back again to my local PO get another take on what the heck is going on they say that the intercepted tag is a paid service provided to sender to redirect parcel to new location and it appears from what the guy is telling me today that it was redirected and heading back to customs then back to France really WTF is thatGong assured me that they did nothing to interfere/change with recipient address, well there’s only 2 parties that know that trk# Gong” Sender” and myself recipient and I sure as heck did not change it plus you have to pay pretty good amount to change/intercept/redirect package so let’s see wtf is going on? hard to get any solid answers from the PO as The trk#status says the same everyday since the 19th “Intercepted”/ redirected when the wing was literally 15 min from my house now apparently heading back to we’re it came from frustrating is not the word😡
This is just insane, and unbelievable...I can only imagine your frustration, because I too feel helpless, and the f'n thing is in the hands of others who really don't give a shit whether we ever get our wings or not. Not to mention I've already paid off the almost $2k charge on my credit card a month ago, and here we sit with nothing for it. Great, nice job GONG... ::)

but getting one in the states is proving not easy crapshoot 101, just beside myself on this out of my hands but annoying as all F*&k
Yep, and now my mind wanders to if/when we get the wings...what happens if there's a problem with the order or if/when we have a warranty problem with a wing...since they don't have anyone here in the states to take care of any problems...send it back, and hope we ever get it back?  :-\

Seattle-Wind

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZ8lyXBzBs 

Gong just posted a new video - watch at :49 seconds he is riding a 9M!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:57:20 PM by Rastaman3030 »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2019, 03:23:21 AM »
That is a great video.  It really shows the kind of water that this new sport is opening up.  You can foil out in so little wind that all sorts of little lakes, stretches of river, ocean bays, come into play.  Locations that are entirely unused by other sports.  These big wings will help with that for bigger riders.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2019, 09:03:47 AM »
Nice to see GONG out on the water in not the typical gale force winds we see in so many videos...which gives me added hope that they'll work in the light winds we typically get around here. Because fortunately...we finally received our wings yesterday. Phew!!

While the package looked as though they simply pushed it out of the back of the plane onto my doorstep as they flew over....

...everything ordered was in it, and all seem to be no worse for the wear trip....

No wind as of yet for today (figures)...although forecast was for 11-12 mph...but maybe later this afternoon when we normally get whatever wind that we do, we'll be able to give 'em a go for a maiden voyage.

In the meantime, I guess we're back to good old paddle power in the surf....think I can live with that.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:08:03 AM by SanoSlatchSup »

supunk

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
Great to hear you finally got your wings Sano. Quite a collection! I am waiting for my 7M to arrive fingers crossed :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:29:54 AM by supunk »

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2019, 10:15:13 AM »
Sano I would immediately go buy a lottery ticket it’s definitely your lucky day! Looks nice, hey if you wanna sell one of the 7m wing look no farther haha! Nothing like great wind here lately and my wing is pretty much disappeared of the planet same status as 8 days ago when it was literally 15min within my hands then slickly redirected/intercepted and off to who knows where,soooo friggin aggravating.gonna try last ditch effort at PO which have yielded absolutely nothing about its status on where it’s headed or what’s going on except that “most likely back in customs heading back to sender Gong.Oh well at least I got my kitefoil but was looking forward to my new 7m wing, gotta say this wingy thing has been nothing short of off to a rocky start here,forecast here tomorrow 20-30 so maybe get my 4m Naish wing out if it comes to fruition🤞Oh any zoners out there that might of got a 7m Gongwing in the states and feel its bit much for them please contact me certainly be interested!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal