Author Topic: waist leash  (Read 21591 times)

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: waist leash
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 12:37:02 AM »
I modified the NSI leash to use a stainless steel reversing loop and velcro. I'm going to add a little buckle to keep the velcro down.

If your velcro is opening on big spills it might be because the "end" is too thick.
If the belt strap ends but the velcro continues an inch or so it will hold closed much better.
A pull tab on the end of the strap part will still allow for 1 pull release, provided it passes well through the buckle.Easier to just see it but i cannot take pics now.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2022, 09:08:28 AM »
This is the latest iteration of our retracting foil waist leash
https://youtu.be/qFClYTHenX0
This is worth a repost on the next page.  Great device and video as usual.  I will need to get one for my Ding-a-Ling.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2022, 10:40:30 AM »

If your velcro is opening on big spills it might be because the "end" is too thick.
If the belt strap ends but the velcro continues an inch or so it will hold closed much better.
A pull tab on the end of the strap part will still allow for 1 pull release, provided it passes well through the buckle.Easier to just see it but i cannot take pics now.

Clever idea. I should have figured this out, I accidentally tried something like this making straps for my fake booms. I use two pieces of velcro sewn back to back. I screwed up on the length and had about an inch more hook than loop. The resultant strap was difficult to remove, but somehow the light didn't go on.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal