Author Topic: NOAA Admin + Trump  (Read 401828 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: NOAA Admin + Trump
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
our fine country, economy, and financial markets are strong and powerful--stronger than any one president or any dominant political party--

I guarantee you it is not. I think we all have to be vigilant and not accept what is going on.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2019, 10:25:27 AM »
agreed, taut---believing in our democracy has to include enthusiastic participation, in the form of voting, and expressing one's opinion, including assembling.

but i also have faith we will muddle through, and our capital markets will survive and function well ongoing--our country/democracy, as weve known it, feels endangered---i believe we will be fine in the end

my stox are up too, not bc of trump, but in spite of trump........
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »
I'm listening to 21 lessons for the 21st century again--I think this is the third time. Or maybe I read it once and this is the second time listening to it. Anyway, it's an important book. the author, Noah Harai, also wrote Sapiens and Homo Deus, equally important books for anyone who would like some insight on where we came from, where we're going, and what the fuck we're doing now.

It's interesting how it makes the rise of Trumpism and the tangle of Brexit feel not only inevitable but understandable. Unfortunately, with my FIFO brain, the insights will be gone a week after I finish, but I can always start over and it will all be fresh and new. Here's the book report: People feel and are increasingly irrelevant, and so they do stupid and destructive things.

For the details, you'll have to read or listen for yourselves. It's worthwhile.

And yes. it's completely relevant to this thread.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:02:30 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal