Author Topic: NOAA Admin + Trump  (Read 401833 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: NOAA Admin + Trump
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 04:36:25 AM »
Another big win for Trump tonight. He just keeps winning. What an idiot..... 8)

Hi Guys,  Here we are in Random .  I had missed that this had been posted in General. 

Rider, do you mean North Carolina?  That is a pretty telling event in regards to the state of things.  Both sides making silly points.  The Dems continuing with our "a close loss is actually a victory" theme and the R's claiming a major win for a seat they have held since 1963.

Should the Dems be excited that this ended up at only a 2 point spread?  No.  It should be a reminder that we are still likely to lose all of the "Red" states.  But, now we will hear of how this means that Trump support is fading and....Months of it.  Then we get to hear how 17% media darling Elizabeth Warren is dominating the race and we are off to loony town again. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:40:07 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 05:47:57 AM »
Trump never won anything, the democrats lost. It's what they seem best at. We really need another party, too bad the Libertarians make the democrats seem like winners--and that they're so fucking nutty.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
A little tidbit from last night.
Dan Bishop (R), won Cumberland County, North Carolina, that county is 35% black.
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
yep, cumberland county, which, black population as ever, has been won by republicans by windfall since 1963  (almost 60 years, an unarguable republican stronghold)

never even close.....til now

a big "win"  ?  howso--repugs eked one out where it was always a layup

you think the african-americans voted repugnantcan?

or maybe they're all voter fraudsters? and they were prevented from voting by "right to vote" laws?

whatever...keep winning--NK, Iran, Afghanistan, Bahamas, separated children, air force at turnberry, blah blah---so many wins!!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:01:18 PM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »
Trump never won anything, the democrats lost. It's what they seem best at. We really need another party, too bad the Libertarians make the democrats seem like winners--and that they're so fucking nutty.
Occasionally brilliant, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x25eNZSrYgE

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 01:18:30 PM »
That Gary, what a kidder.   :D

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 07:20:19 PM »
The Supremes....My favorite group. Stop...In the Name of a Love. Another HUGE win by our pres....Dow 27000....And the Dems have what? Life is good.....

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 03:43:20 AM »
The Supremes....My favorite group. Stop...In the Name of a Love. Another HUGE win by our pres....Dow 27000....And the Dems have what? Life is good.....
Rider, you haven’t answered my question about what about *your* life, personally, has improved since Trump became POTUS (and can be attributed to him).

Do you have an answer? Thanks.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 04:19:22 AM »

The Dems (Obama) brought the Dow from its Bush created low of 6,600 back to 20,000 on inauguration day and back to 25,000 one year into Trump.  The market has failed to break out of that range since then.  Following Obama's trend line the Dow would be well into the 30's by now.  Trump has sadly been crippling that potential with his tariffs, etc. 

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »
I know you are just responding to Riders comment, but I'm also pretty certain that you realize that the Dow is not indicative of the general economy.

Also, Bush did not create the 6,600 low, that was ultimately the result of the relaxed lending policies.  Plenty of blame to go around...

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2019, 07:23:52 AM »
How is it that Bush didn't  create the 6,600 low Dow, but Trump gets credit for creating where the Dow is today.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 07:27:50 AM »
lots of blame for every problem---from our master of equivocation

here's some non-equivocation:

clinton and rubin effected policy that seriously reduced our deficits and resulted in our treasury actually buying back its own debt prior to maturity--ie retiring 100's of billions of dollars of debt-- yep, clinton--and the stock market ramped in approval during his terms

bush and cheney were quoted as saying "it's our turn to run the deficits" and boy did they deliver--on top of this bush presided over radical deregulation of our banking system, including doubling the leverage of our big banks, and making a wild west of our securitization and derivative markets--and.....we had a financial crisis-and the biggest stock market wipeout since 1987--surprise!!  think "relaxed lending policies"

obama did a nice job cleaning up the mess and handed trump a solidly trending stock market

trump has put us on a previously unimaginable deficit track--and he applied cocaine to the private parts of the market with tax cut handouts to the wealthy and to powerful corporations--we'll see what happens to the stock market--certainly the cyclical power of Obama's work is ending-- but i am not loading up, that's for sure--not with trump blundering around with our economy, our trade, our foreign relations, our weather forecasts, melania's son, etc etc etc etc
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34:47 AM »
How is it that Bush didn't  create the 6,600 low Dow, but Trump gets credit for creating where the Dow is today.

Tom, I wouldn't say that he does.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »
your point is solid, tom

presidents can do little to reverse economic cycles and trends in their first year or two of office

economic policy effects take a while to play out---trump's shit's in the fan now--we shall see

now dont get me wrong--our fine country, economy, and financial markets are strong and powerful--stronger than any one president or any dominant political party--we always muddle thru, often in the face of idiots who have power at times---and, if you want to be enfranchised economically, youve got to believe in our markets and our economy--and i believe--and i load the boat often with leveraged exposure to our economy--often when the news cycle is most negative--but now?? i am very wary
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal