Author Topic: NOAA Admin + Trump  (Read 401837 times)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: NOAA Admin + Trump
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 10:24:29 PM »
I think Trump is a disaster for the US. But I’m hoping he gets in again.
I knew you would come around, your red hat and secret Republican gang-sign guide are on their way to you...😁
:) :) Trump (and his supporters) are gonna have to learn that if ya break it, ya bought it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:22:55 AM by Admin »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 03:26:04 AM »
Yes, I suppose with great stupidity comes great responsibility. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:23:08 AM by Admin »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 03:29:41 AM »
admin, can you rid this post of its title?

it's an embarrassment the it's been let stand--offensive for all sorts of reasons
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:23:26 AM by Admin »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 04:24:59 AM »
admin, can you rid this post of its title?

it's an embarrassment the it's been let stand--offensive for all sorts of reasons

Sure.  It was a bit surprising to me as well.  Admin + Trump = Butt Buddies?  Seems like something I would remember.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 05:47:15 AM »
id struggled with a variety of "understandings" of the title--but, actually, hadnt thought of you, our very own admin

hadnt really sensed a passionate fondness for trump in you, so it hadnt clicked previously

haha

thx

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Admin + Trump are no longer BB's
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 06:08:47 AM »
There I fixed it ;D

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
I think Trump is a disaster for the US. But I’m hoping he gets in again. Why? Because he’s a political storm, and a storm needs to blow itself out. Those who are voting for him have to see that what he and his ilk are offering is not going to make their lives any better. That is going to take time. If Trump fails at the next election the lesson will not have been learned, and next time around it will be back to square one.

They will not learn. Remember this is a group of people that adust their view of the world to what they are being told it is. They think Trump is the second coming of christ...they will adjust their perception of the world as needed.

The anti-dote to Trumps popularity is to call him a fat, bloated ugly, poor, terrible business man and watch him absolutely self implode. The more you'd laugh the worse his self-implosion would get.

Beached, what do you know about what I know? I mean you have to be a special kind of disinformed to state that Obama is more deserving of a fascist label, but I suspect Pono is right...it is a fox news kind of knee jerk reaction. I do have to say that supporting Trump after all the shit he has pulled is a disgrace. It truly says something about a person.

Pono I would venture to argue that a person can be fascist even if he cannot yet rule 100% like one. Look at everything Trump is saying and doing. Just the way he doctored the stupid hurricane. The most egregious thing isn't that he drew on the hurricane map, it is that he will rather use his organization to threaten someone who does forecasts for a living...and put American lives at risk just to be right in something he is obviously incorrect about.

He still bears all the hallmarks of a fascist. He will rule like one given half a chance.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »
Tautologies -.imagine for one moment that not all Trump’s supporters are intellectually-challenged reprobates.  (Yes, I know it is a challenge :) )

What do you then think is compelling them to vote for him?

I was chatting to a Trump-supporting taxi driver in Dallas a little while back. He told me that 30+ million of the US population are illegal immigrants. He was unable to tell me where this figure had come from but swore that about 1 in 10 of the US population are undocumented.

That’s a starting point perhaps for your “thought experiment” into the mind of a Trump supporter. Presumably it’s not unreasonable to be worried about the potential effects of illegal Immigration, if those are the figures you believed?

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
Shouldn't this thread be in Random?

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
The admiral likes it here. That is all..... 8)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 06:56:38 PM »
I start with a fundamental understanding that 1/2 the population of the world are too stupid to talk to. Yeah, that sounds arrogant as hell, but the simple truth is that no one who posts intelligently to a forum spends their life in contact with dumb people. We assume everyone can express themselves and understands that just hearing someone smarter say something doesn't mean it's true. But they can't, and they do. Unless there are facts or numbers. Facts and numbers are like Kryptonite.

If you'd like a working and immediate example of what rationality confronts, go to Youtube, pick a video that has just a modest degree of potential controversy. Like "Greenland is melting" but really, pick your own topic.

Read the comments. You will immediately start thinking that whatever extinction event the universe has in store for us can only be considered a good thing.

Here's one from "Greenland is Melting":
"Great developments in fighting radiation using music bees wax honey combe and music - we can capture the acoustic signal of radiation which sounds like a very fast drum beat into music which will save the coral reefs from the radium in the gladstone harbour. Now the smelter would be ommitting radiation when she is melting the raw material and is processing the aluminium - if we infect the smoke stack with music made from uranium glass we can smash the radiation from spreading - now the large red mud that is buried north of gladstone we can change the signal of this radiation aswell. now we can apply the same technology to the leaking reactor at fukushima and save america and russia and japan from the radiation spewing out every single day."

So we got that going for us.

I like this exchange too:
"Random Capitalization Girl:  The government is taking the Sand from the oceans which is an extremely Gigantic Problem, Why are you Not talking about that?! ( I mean the Government is not Talking)😘😘😘

Trying to get hooked up dude: Where are they putting all that sand?

RCG. Buildings, Mobile Phones, pretty much anything that makes them Huge profits

TTGHUD: wow that's crazy

RCG:   Sand makes concrete, which is the biggest commodity in the world."

I guess that explains the phones.

It would be great if I were cherry-picking, but it's pretty much nothing but stupidity, all the way down. You probably don't know any people this dumb. I don't know any people this dumb. Forrest Gump doesn't know any people this dumb.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:26:43 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »
If you'd like a working and immediate example of what rationality confronts, go to Youtube, pick a video that has just a modest degree of potential controversy. Like "Greenland is melting" but really, pick your own topic.

Read the comments. You will immediately start thinking that whatever extinction event the universe has in store for us can only be considered a good thing.

The problem with YT comment is it's nearly impossible to tell who is truly expressing a heartfelt yet dumb opinion and who is just trolling to be offensive for the sake of being offensive or arguing for the sake of arguing.  While there is no shortage of dumb people out there expressing ignorant dumb opinions, there are plenty who log into YT and post things they don't themselves really belive but just want to get a reaction. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
I lump the trolls in with the rest of the dipshits. It's an activity that's pretty much self-selecting.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
Another big win for Trump tonight. He just keeps winning. What an idiot..... 8)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 04:00:46 AM »
Another big win for Trump tonight. He just keeps winning. What an idiot..... 8)
Why did you vote for Trump, Rider? What do you think he has made better about your life?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal