Author Topic: NOAA Admin + Trump  (Read 401836 times)

socalgremmy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
NOAA Admin + Trump
« on: September 08, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »
Trump's manipulation federal agencies for his own agenda is scary.
Are we on the verge of a "Dicktatorship"?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:18:46 AM by Admin »

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NOAA Admin + Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 02:08:56 PM »
I like the US founding fathers and in my opinion, he doesn't know who they are and what they did to the US. He's acting like someone else that we see in other authoritarian and dictatorship countries.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:19:10 AM by Admin »

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »
He is a fascist. Trump has malignant narcissistic personality disorder. What is now normal is literally insane. And still, you will find people...even on this forum, that supports him.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:19:25 AM by Admin »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:44:32 AM »

He is a fascist. Trump has malignant narcissistic personality disorder. What is now normal is literally insane. And still, you will find people...even on this forum, that supports him.
It seems to me that *a majority* of US contributors to this forum support Trump. Maybe that’s because those who don’t have stopped contributing.

We’ve now got our own Trump in the UK now, unfortunately (the new Prime Minister, Boris Johnson). Cambridge Analytica really f**ked the UK over - and you too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:19:41 AM by Admin »

beached

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 03:58:07 AM »

you have no idea what a fascist is. if you did, you'd know Obama was much more deserving of the term than Trump.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:19:58 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 05:23:18 AM »
you will find people...even on this forum, that supports him.

His support has been pretty steady all along and it would be surprising if any community did not reflect that split (including ours).  The poll of polls data has been really reliable (link below).  It had Trump well within the margin of error in the last election.  The news outlets prefer to sensationalize a single poll that fits with their bias but if you look at the  poll of polls data it is really quite good.  I understand the frustration with Trump.  I am hopeful that we will vote him out next time around but it would be a mistake to think that it won't be close. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:20:17 AM by Admin »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: NOAA Admin + Trump = Butt-Buddies
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:15 AM »

you have no idea what a fascist is. if you did, you'd know Obama was much more deserving of the term than Trump.

since you profess authority re fascism: pls explain what a fascist is--and why obama is particularly "deserving of the term"
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »
The following 2016 WP article might be of interest. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/10/21/how-fascist-is-donald-trump-theres-actually-a-formula-for-that/?noredirect=on

As one commentator said back in 10/2016, "Trump can't seem to do anything well. Even when it comes to being a fascist, he approaches it in a half-fas-cist fashion."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:20:33 AM by Admin »

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »
Sharpiegate, cool, my favorite one yet.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:20:49 AM by Admin »
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
The final words of the 2016 piece (no mention of Obama):

"He (Trump) is semi-fascist: more fascist than any successful American politician yet, and the most dangerous threat to pluralist democracy in this country in more than a century, but — thank our stars — an amateurish imitation of the real thing."

Of course Trump has done so many add'l things to earn characterization as a fascist since then---so ima bump him from "semi-fascist" as the article concludes, to full blown fascist. i will qualify with wannabe if need be. he sure wants to be--walls--big military parades with missiles and huge weapons displayed, etc etc

but hey, we have an expert on fascism among us! we'll soon get sorted out by beached
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:21:08 AM by Admin »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »
This thread title is homophobic, and what is it about anyway? Sharpiegate, or diverting money from FEMA to the Border?

I think that Trump is obviously nationalist in his worldview, and if you believe that he is rrrracist, mysoginist and all the other ists pretty easy to jump to Fascist. But to make that work you have to believe that Trump has an overarching political scheme, and I just don't think he has that much of a rudder.

My opinion is that he has a massive ego, and the morals of an alley cat. Couple that with the fact that he has always behaved as a bully I can see the director of NOAA being pushed around easily. One thing a bureau-lifer understands is superior force.

Also, R presidents have bungled nearly every natural disaster as far back as I remember. Sharpie gate is at least hilarious.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:21:25 AM by Admin »
Make paddleboarding great again!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »
My guess is that beached too a wrong turn at googling. A far right, authoritarian, ultra-national dictator? No, I wouldn't call Trump that--he'd like to be, but he's not. After all, he used to be a democrat. I'll just stick with would-be fascist.  But Obama???  I suspect it's just the knee-jerk thing that anyone that still supports Trump does. Obama was worse and what about Hillary?

I'm having a tough time with 2020. I really think reactionary democrats will screw the pooch. I'd be considered extremely right wing in any normal political conversation, but I don't remember the last time I thought republicans were rational. Maybe the Eisenhower years? I'm all in with having a social conscience, looking out for the environment and making the playing field level, but the current crop of democrats all sound like idiots to me. I guess I'm going to have to stick with Pat Paulsen, even though he's thoroughly dead.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:21:38 AM by Admin »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »
staying on topic.....

Washington (CNN)Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross threatened to fire top National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration employees if the agency didn't disavow a tweet from a regional office that contradicted President Donald Trump's false claim that Hurricane Dorian was likely to hit Alabama, according to a report by The New York Times.

According to three people cited in the Times report on Monday, Ross called acting NOAA Administrator Neil Jacobs and told him to fix the National Weather Service's contradiction of Trump's claim. When Jacobs opposed the demand, Ross told him NOAA's political staff would be fired, the Times reported.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/politics/wilbur-ross-noaa-employees/index.html

and now there's this

Dan Rather
 ·
Hmm... Pres. Trump calls desperate Bahamians some very bad people & very bad gang members. He said something similar about Mexicans. And then there were all those sh#thole countries. And yet Nazis marching in Charlottesville, Virginia include very fine people. I can’t for the life of me think of an explanation for the distinction. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:21:58 AM by Admin »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »
I think Trump is a disaster for the US. But I’m hoping he gets in again. Why? Because he’s a political storm, and a storm needs to blow itself out. Those who are voting for him have to see that what he and his ilk are offering is not going to make their lives any better. That is going to take time. If Trump fails at the next election the lesson will not have been learned, and next time around it will be back to square one.

It’s tough to see such a great country receding in influence on the world stage though. Iran, North Korea etc know that Trump is not going to get involved, so they can do what they like. And the US’s traditional allies know that they can’t rely on him either, even for matters such as climate change where there is widespread accord outside the US. And then there’s the trade war with China, which you guys are all paying for. What other country would want to end up having to take sides there? You might just do so if there was a steady pair of hands at the US’s helm. But Trump is anything but a steady pair of hands. Only an idiot would trust him to run a birthday party for a bunch of 7 year olds, never mind negotiate a complex multilateral international agreement.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:22:11 AM by Admin »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 06:55:14 PM »
I think Trump is a disaster for the US. But I’m hoping he gets in again.
I knew you would come around, your red hat and secret Republican gang-sign guide are on their way to you...😁
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:22:26 AM by Admin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal