Author Topic: APP World Tour Event on Long Beach NY this week  (Read 20316 times)

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: APP World Tour Event on Long Beach NY this week
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »
The surprising volume at small sizes has me hyped. The Wedge ticks a lot of boxes for me but the description of it being a board for small to mid sized surf gives me pause. If you get a chance Creek, ask them just what size they think the wedge tops out. Can it do 6-8 ft surf? Or is it more a high performance groveler? I feel okay on my Speeed up to about that 6-8 ft range, would I feel any different on the Wedge?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:52:06 PM by exiled »

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 02:13:22 AM »
The surprising volume at small sizes has me hyped. The Wedge ticks a lot of boxes for me but the description of it being a board for small to mid sized surf gives me pause. If you get a chance Creek, ask them just what size they think the wedge tops out. Can it do 6-8 ft surf? Or is it more a high performance groveler? I feel okay on my Speeed up to about that 6-8 ft range, would I feel any different on the Wedge?

Will do exiled, even the numbers on the SP 24 look pretty inviting as well.... and that's a medium to large wave design.

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 09:26:26 AM »
The numbers to look good on the SP 24 too, if anything the Kanga seems the most conventional. I'm kidding myself if I think I'm gonna ride 6-8 more than a handful of times, so going for a full on step up seems like a bit much. 4-6 is way more my sweet spot, I just want to know I'll be okay if I show up and its pumping a little harder than expected.

How long before we see a step railed Creek?  ;D

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/appworldtour/?hc_ref=ARTvN3caq2bu-eNTHiwMKEphKWZxcQw4v8SvlrXSr0vNr_IkSUd_X8xid_4tOi997Sw&__xts__[0]=68.ARAYzrmc0zG-RWhvTopODLR4AIGOGOgp8MpGjXSyz-nqso5IYk4ogupHTqjmPuQOjYPF2byNzUaB-6H5Zg-GTFT3z1b6g9yXmD-pcvynLvDko21B2zQJPW0rsa7j7wY8xMIBgM_ma_oxZCX3QZnlBE_AJl9fot3wdnK7ukooLx6x_oplU3splDuxdaCfF6LHtzvUPIx0t6bgMUCQRvnxzBI7qoqDIKRXN5y21nWhLtp0KNi3w8WE29E0Q5Y8b8uULQeiY3MipYs6wA4Crk9KFT3ks8BbiKMFsUCu6TP9JG6j1U_cJgy85WxnRIH8uCrSfP7GJL1m0kBdY-nlP3UYcG_-1Q6nYM0wsqTngg&__tn__=kC-R

woulda been there if not for this neck
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 03:19:56 PM »
That was a blast. Surfed alongside the contest in some crazy good waves. When I got tired I would go and watch the surfing. Perfect day. Sorry I missed you creek. Next year.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 04:06:06 PM »
Here's the whole thing on YouTube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFOSlnFtqI

Talk about low volume boards, these guys are on submarines. I mean above their knees!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »
Yeah, there were some really small boards out there. I was surfing next to Benoit Carpentier and Fisher Grant while they were warming up for the longboard exhibition on boards that were just above the water. Kind of crazy how good they were. Check out the longboard competition, as it was killer seeing the 9' boards being ridden by the pros. Especially insane was the final with Fisher Grant.  And if you want to see more of this stuff, send the APP World Tour a message that you loved it. I did!

I think it should start right at the beginning of their coverage. I think the beginning of heat 1 is clipped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFOSlnFtqI&feature=youtu.be&t=29238
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
Yeah, there were some really small boards out there. I was surfing next to Benoit Carpentier and Fisher Grant while they were warming up for the longboard exhibition on boards that were just above the water. Kind of crazy how good they were. Check out the longboard competition, as it was killer seeing the 9' boards being ridden by the pros. Especially insane was the final with Fisher Grant.  And if you want to see more of this stuff, send the APP World Tour a message that you loved it. I did!

I think it should start right at the beginning of their coverage. I think the beginning of heat 1 is clipped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFOSlnFtqI&feature=youtu.be&t=29238

Sounds like an amazing time, SUPSean!  My friends got a kick out of Dave Boehne's cockroach and Zane's Scooterboy.  I found it interesting that Zane was paddling Dominique's PU longboard as a SUP for the competition!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:13:54 PM by 805StandUp »

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 03:12:53 PM »
Some pretty funny stuff out there. According the the audio, Zane was on his way to leaving when somebody reminded him that there was a longboard contest, so I guess he didn't even know it was happening.

Impressive how much effort goes into the APP. Really impressive. All the tents and the inflatable pool, full on film team and everything. Hopefully it will keep on going, as I really enjoyed it. They could use some help with their media presentation, though, as I found it hard to navigate their site to find out when things were happening.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

supthecreek

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
Yes, they do an amazing job and the pros are a really nice bunch of folks!
Very stoked and approachable, with impressive skills!

The races kick into gear tomorrow to start off the 2nd phase of this event.

Pabst and I are meeting up with Sean Poynter, Daniel and Ian for dawn patrol.
We will get to ride one or two GenRation boards.
Super psyched!

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 07:27:32 AM »
Yes, they do an amazing job and the pros are a really nice bunch of folks!
Very stoked and approachable, with impressive skills!

The races kick into gear tomorrow to start off the 2nd phase of this event.

Pabst and I are meeting up with Sean Poynter, Daniel and Ian for dawn patrol.
We will get to ride one or two GenRation boards.
Super psyched!
Very approachable guys for sure. Thats what I loved about being out there. Quite a nice vibe. Plus the waves / weather were impeccable. I hope you guys get some nice waves today. They look nice and clean. Let us know how the GenR goes!!  They get expensive once you add in fins and a pad, but they look really streamlined and are super light. 
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 08:24:24 AM »
I wish I could get there. It's less than two hour away!
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal