Author Topic: Creek clips video  (Read 16239 times)

supthecreek

Creek clips video
« on: August 23, 2019, 05:24:44 AM »
I am making short "shop versions" of all the Sunova surf SUPs

Spunky's Surf Shop in Ft Pierce Florida is now stocked up with Sunova's.
They have asked for some short videos, to run in their shop.... of course I did the "Creek" vid first  ;D
My buddy Jay, who took me in all winter in Florida a few years ago, is the new shop manager.... drop by and say hi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6x13uJIcCk

Spunky's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/spunkyssurfshop/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10151973151980714&ref=page_internal

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Creek clips video
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
What a legend! I hope I rip like you when I'm 70, Creek. Hell...I hope to just make it to 70 :-)

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »
Nice Video Rick.  Good to see your buddy at Spunky's.  Is it now your local spot for winter breaks?  Good on Spunkys for carrying the Sunova Brand.

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »
Thanks Oki, very kind of you!
The day I turned 70, I just went "F#*% yeah!!!! ha ha.... everything from here out is pure BONUS!  ;D ;D
I am super thankful that I am healthy and the body functions enough to stand on a board.
...... and appreciate every moment!

Hi Mike, I appreciate the feedback.... 
I don't have any plans for this winter yet.

but.... I'm going to hook up with the GenRation boys at the NY APP Tour Surf Contest on Long Beach, NY week of 9/3 - 9/7.....
and pitch an idea to them!  :)

Note to Mac wizards: HELP!

this Imovie video took 4 full days of work, simply to upload to YouTube.  >:(
My super duper, maxed out Imac refuses to upload, or make files out of my movies.... this is the only movie successfully uploaded since I bought the Imac in June.

for a solid week, I have exhausted every video 'solution", every forum and tried all the "fixes"..... yet nothing.
My son-in-law got this ONE short vid to upload... but hours of further attempts failed.

I can't even take a new 10 sec clip and have Imovie make a simple file of it on my desktop.

I've previously used 6 different Macs without any issues.... heck, I even borrowed computers and they uploaded to my YouTube account.
I've been doing this for 6 years, hundreds of videos.... never been stumped before  :-\

I have 50 projects nearing completion.... the prospect of trying to upload another video has sapped my will to create.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:30:58 AM »
You only have a few weeks and we get a software update. Maybe that will fix it.

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
Cool, Rick and that is not far from now.... Your winter break and the 7th of Sept.  The GenRations guys got some cool stuff going on with Sunova.  You will like Sean, he is a class act.  Super guy and nice that he is putting his ideas together with Sunova.  Soak in his SUP knowledge and spread some with him.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
Cool - Spunky's - you gotta love it!  I liked the way you told that LB'er to hit the throttle or get off the track.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 08:42:07 AM »
Love the vid Creeker!!!! Ditto on Wetstuff's comment - "let's move it along fellow!"

Hope you get the computer wackiness sort out!!!!
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 07:02:13 PM »

Note to Mac wizards: HELP!

this Imovie video took 4 full days of work, simply to upload to YouTube.  >:(
My super duper, maxed out Imac refuses to upload, or make files out of my movies.... this is the only movie successfully uploaded since I bought the Imac in June.

for a solid week, I have exhausted every video 'solution", every forum and tried all the "fixes"..... yet nothing.
My son-in-law got this ONE short vid to upload... but hours of further attempts failed.

I can't even take a new 10 sec clip and have Imovie make a simple file of it on my desktop.

I've previously used 6 different Macs without any issues.... heck, I even borrowed computers and they uploaded to my YouTube account.
I've been doing this for 6 years, hundreds of videos.... never been stumped before  :-\

I have 50 projects nearing completion.... the prospect of trying to upload another video has sapped my will to create.

I can certainly try and help. I have never seen that issue, and I am a video post production professional. It sounds like it might be a problem with Quicktime. Have you tried reinstalling your operating system?  There is a way to restore the mac and it will reinstall everything for you off of the internet. The other issue that comes to my mind is perhaps a permissions issue. I assume you have tried to repair your mac using the disk utility app. Either way, you can send me a personal message, and we can talk through it on the phone.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

supthecreek

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 06:24:44 PM »
Thanks for the responses here and in PM's.... looks like I have some serious muscle to help me work out the video upload issues.

Good thing, because today, my eye surgeon cleared me for surf again, so I dusted off my SoloShot and Kook Hat Cam and made a plan.

Tomorrow, RbGar and I will be jousting on a pair of matched 12 ft Sunova "Point Breaks"... with any luck, I'll get some fun video of the action.
I'm taking a smaller board as well, so looking forward to a fun re-entry into the waves  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal