Author Topic: F-One Swing  (Read 452956 times)

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: F-One Swing
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2019, 04:36:01 PM »
I haven’t been drying mine. I do remember reading in the manual that they recommend inflating for drying. Not sure why, maybe preserving the structure and less odd stress points.

Absolutely make sure it’s dry before putting it away. Doesn’t have to be inflated to dry but it does need to be laid out so it can dry properly.  Even if coated with sand or sea grass, I just let it dry and it will easily brush off before packing up. Once in blue moon I might rinse it, then thoroughly dry it. I avoid any extended UV exposure (try not to leave it rigged in the sun all day). Experience based on having owned around 25 inflatable kites since 2001. A 5m wing is easy to deal with compared to a 16 m kite.....

HBsups

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
Thanks guys. Looks like I’m in the right ball park, and can get by with less rinsing and more bear hugs! Meanwhile I will be happy I’m not dealing with that massive kite. Nothing like a bit of perspective on an issue to sort it out.
Cheers HB

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2019, 04:01:59 PM »
Rode the 2.8m Swing today lit up, with the Axis 900 wing. Woohoo  ;D

Biggest waves I’ve ever seen on the Banana River in Florida.

Jacky was working today, so no video evidence.

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
DW I was heading to Cocoa, but decided to stay closer to VERO and hit Wabasso causeway...only had a 4 m Duotone and with my very limited experience, there was no way I could have handled that wind...it was howling. Played around on land and was way over powered with the 4 m. 
2.8 wow! That’s tiny
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:57:16 PM by Caribsurf »
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2019, 12:17:33 PM »
great work DailyBread Surf Photo and looks like your having soo much there in paradise. How much do you weight and what wind range the 4.2M wing cover?

supkailua

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2019, 08:46:09 PM »
I read in this thread about wings getting damaged in the surf and wanted to mention I found a pretty good way to get out with shore break.

I hold the wing in one hand and hold it up as high as I can, so the wing is no where near the break and is flying light as a feather.

For my board I put the velcro end of my leash that goes around my ankle around the mast. This make a handle which is easier than grabbing the mast, although grabbing the mast works too. I then walk out with the foil on the shore side facing away from the wing side, top of the board resting nicely against my waist harness, and hold the mast handle I made.

I tried a number of shore break exits and found the only way to be 100% certain the wing does not get caught in the shore break is to fly it with one hand as high as you can.

I currently use the 5 Swing, have a 4.2 coming this week, and am on the list for a 6 Swing. The 5 and 6 will be my most used size in Kailua, Oahu.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2019, 01:02:41 AM »
My 6m has been ordered. I’m getting one from this batch.  My guess 10 mph works, 12 mph becomes easier.

Ooooh.  Mine is on the way.  Wondering if this gets us on the 1000 in really light wind. 

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2019, 07:20:05 AM »
great work DailyBread Surf Photo and looks like your having soo much there in paradise. How much do you weight and what wind range the 4.2M wing cover?

Thanks, I'm weighing in around 195lbs, and the 4.2 can handle 15mph on the low end.  You can also go on a bigger foil to make the lighter wind more comfortable and less work.  Usually when wind is in that 15mph range I'll ride my M200 Go Foil front wing.  When it gets over 20mph I'll swap down to the Iwa, for upper 20's and beyond I get on my GL140.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2019, 07:33:19 AM »
My 6m has been ordered. I’m getting one from this batch.  My guess 10 mph works, 12 mph becomes easier.

Ooooh.  Mine is on the way.  Wondering if this gets us on the 1000 in really light wind.

I guess that means you got the NO HOLD email. Didn’t get my email notice yet.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
Just had some nice winds down here in Miami the other day blowing over 20 knots. Was lit on the 5 and my friends had a sling wing and an ozone 4, they were on the struggle bus so I let them use my 5, both up and riding easily. I went on the 4 wasp and I was riding that struggle bus also so I jumped on the 3.5 swing and it felt like 2X the power of the wasp. Rode with no issues and feels like the little wings punch a huge punch of power but just lack a little in the wind shadows due to less height for the wing to catch upper wind I'm guessing.

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »
This is today. Jacky paying her dues in gusty light wind with holes so big it’s hard to stand at times. Watching her develop in light winds was so fun today. She is getting her pump game figured out. 4.2m Swing. 5’1 x 25 wing board. Axis 92 foil.

Also take note of when she takes off like a rocket upwind. That is when she hooks into the harness line. It boosts power by 25%. You won’t understand the power loss of your flexible arms until you try a harness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330MLtY0QS8
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:28:14 PM by Dwight (DW) »

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
she was doing great in challenging conditions...we had even less wind down here. I didn't even consider  going

where was that? Kelly Park?
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines