Author Topic: F-One Swing  (Read 452945 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: F-One Swing
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
Look how nicely Stiffy 2.0 fits:

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2019, 02:23:04 AM »
...and some really clean tack footage as well:

https://www.facebook.com/wingdotsurf/videos/2812028932176245/

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2019, 05:01:29 AM »
So look what I just did. Message to F-one ...stop sewing kites, sew more wings. Click and read the comment in my post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3b2N5FHs6w/?igshid=co2j5nvhvlh3

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
Dwight... In perhaps the 'most secret spot' in all of Florida.  Cool.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2019, 04:45:00 AM »
Ohhhhhhh!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:07 AM »
Yep, when I saw those the other day, I posted my kites For Sale!

F-one...you listening  ;D. Stop sewing kites and start sewing wings! 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:24:51 AM by Dwight (DW) »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2019, 03:19:16 AM »
We scored an epic Viento session yesterday.  Partially because we lucked out on timing a fading East wind with rising (from pretty cold) air temps to get an hour and a half of magic.  The range between the gust and the lull was only 3 MPH and the water was incredibly flat!  So smooth on all levels.  We got out at 11:45 when it was around 15 MPH and we were still foiling when the wind dropped an plateaued for a while at about 9 MPH. 

I had almost given up on footstraps after a failed session with front and rear straps last week, but I decided to give it one more day with just the two new (stick on) angled front straps.  So happy that I didn't quit on that.  I finally have a setup that is both easy to get in and out of, is in the correct place at the right angles and allows wonderful control with just a little bit of toe lift.  That little bit of toe bracing on the front foot makes it so much easier for me to make the fine little rear foot adjustments without disrupting trim by clodding around.  It is crazy how a little .5 to 1 inch repositiong of that rear heel can change everything in terms of trim control.  This really helped me with my offside which felt surprisingly equal with my onside yesterday. 

I was working on pointing higher and carrying more speed so I was ending up fairly upwind.  That let me try some downwind pumping with the wing in my back hand by my hip.  Man, is that going to be fun.  I have a long way to go but it is really cool.  There was no swell to assist so this was just to get the feel in a very comfortable and controlled condition.  I love the idea that you  can enjoy downwind in place.  No shuttles required.  That's not to say that long shuttle downwinders won't be fun but so cool to be able to skip that and just rip upwind for a few reaches for some downwind reward.  These may not have quite the upwind capability of kitefoiling gear (never done it) but it is far more efficient upwind than any sport that I have ever tried.  You can easily gain twice as much ground on a reach as on a powered windsurfing wave board.  Combine that with the fact that full foiling is possible in under 10 MPH and the potential for light wind surf is off the map. 

This keeps getting more fun.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:24:03 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2019, 09:16:29 AM »
I'm glad things came out well for you.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

supkailua

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2019, 09:48:01 AM »
I asked about a harness line for the Swing 5 before and this thread is getting long but I don't think I got a reply.

Well now I have been using the harness line that comes from F-ONE made for the Swing and I love it.

I am addicted to it and do not go upwind without it anymore.

It gets me upwind with roughly another 20 degrees angle with no pressure on my back arm at all. I can keep my extreme upwind angle while waving at someone with my back arm.

This angle allows me to enjoy more downwind riding where I never use the harness line and it does not get in the way.

I know you can go upwind without it, but F-ONE really knows what they are doing, and they know to maximize the upwind angle and go upwind for a long period of time and be really comfortable, a harness line is needed, so they included an attachment for one.

Just FYI don't try your own line there. At first before I found I could buy one from F-ONE I tried a rope there and it was not very successful. It was hard to hook into because it would blow towards the wing with the wind, and finding the right length was challenging. Once I got the F-ONE harness line those issue disappeared. Easy to hook into, and the length is perfect.

I highly recommend it.

soepkip

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2019, 10:22:58 AM »
My Swing came with a harness line. It was in the side pocket....

supkailua

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »
Hopefully they will start including a harness line with all Swings.

Mine did not include one but I bought it at https://bayareakitesurf.com/.

VB_Foil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • @foilgraham Insta
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »
I have a 3.5 and 5M Swing on order since the beginning of the month.  Has anyone received one recently or tracking updates?  I sold my SlingWing last week and of course the first cold front and ideal wind direction for my home spot is lighting up tomorrow.  Ahhh.

I’m a 5’9” 65kg rider:

Boards:
   4' 27L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4’5” 34L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4'11" 60L Armstrong Wing/Sup

Foils: Armstrong HA525, HS625, HA725, HA925, HS1050, HA1125, HS1250, HA1325
Wings: BRM 2M & 3M, FreeWing Nitro 4M, OR 5M & 7M Glide

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2019, 11:52:01 AM »
F-One America is expecting their next shipment this week.  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:19:42 PM by Admin »

daswusup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
I have a 3.5 and 5M Swing on order since the beginning of the month.  Has anyone received one recently or tracking updates?  I sold my SlingWing last week and of course the first cold front and ideal wind direction for my home spot is lighting up tomorrow.  Ahhh.

Hey VB, If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell the Slingwing?
Thanks

supkailua

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12:37 PM »
I have the Slingwing 4.2 and the Swing 5 and might sell the Slingwing too.

The reason is the Swing 5 has a much lower wind threshold and it covers what the wind is normally blowing at my location.

Most days at my location the wind is gusting 15 mph to 20 mph. Rarely does it gust over 20 mph. The Swing 5 handles this range very well.

It is rated to 25 knots, which is well over the wind we get, so it is possible this is the only Wing I need, although I do want to try the Swing 6 to see if I can go lower than 15 mph or 15 mph with less pumping needed to get going.

The Slingwing kicks in I would say with 18 mph gusts, and can handle more wind than the Swing 5.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal