Author Topic: F-One Swing  (Read 453022 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: F-One Swing
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
nuther one to the dark side! burchas!!

im watching
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 07:44:57 AM »
I like that bit of cloth separating the wing halves and shaping the wing away from the strut that the F One has. I keep meaning to go talk to the guys at airtime about adding it to my Duotones. I think I can do that without compromising the boom much-- just use narrow velcro attachments and arced cutaways near the boom. One attachment in the front behind the likely front hand grip area, and one in the back, past the furthest like back hand grab.

this is probably the kind of mods a beginner would think about, that once I'm up to speed I'd never want to do. That's mostly what's keeping me from doing it. Well, that and laziness/distraction.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:21 AM »
nuther one to the dark side! burchas!!

im watching

That's why I'm on the bright neon yellow easty, it makes things a lot less darker :D
Stop watching and join the party, the cost of admission fairly low.
in progress...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 04:34:01 PM »
Oooooh!  FedEx just emailed that my 5.0 is arriving here on Thursday.  Pretty sure that with me on the Swing 5 and Chan on the 3.5 we will be winging on soft breezes and little ripples.  Looking forward to that!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »
That was quick. I think you're going to need to talk Chan into a drysuit. She did not look comfy this afternoon. I forget what a big advantage it is in the cold water to be a lardass. While I was taking off my 2/3 shorty spring suit all the windsurfers were looking at me as if I couldn't afford the massive suits of armor with hoods that they were all wearing. The water was as warm, it was 65 out, and everyone looked like they were going to have to break ice to get in the water.

ORCA SUIT!! ORCA SUIT!!

Of course, when it really gets cold I'll get the hell out of here and go to Maui.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 04:52:09 AM »
I think people sometimes choose their suits based on calendar not weather.  It was 72 degrees out with 70 degree water and there were drysuits!  Now that's a way to lose some weight.  I was comfy in my shorty for two hours.  Wetsuits make me useless so my plan is to go shorty until I can't stand it and then neoprene shorts and a long sleeve top until that becomes painful. 

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »
Crikey!  The 5.0 just arrived and it is 4.2 lbs.  Wow!  That is .4 lbs lighter than our other 3 meter wings.  Very stoked to get this thing out in some light air.  This afternoon may just work.  :)

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 12:16:19 PM »
Crikey!  The 5.0 just arrived and it is 4.2 lbs.  Wow!  That is .4 lbs lighter than our other 3 meter wings.  :)
Wow that is light. Better make sure they put a bladder in it lol. I think a f-one wing will be in my future.

Weighed my Gong 7m. it's 7 lbs 9oz and another 7oz for the batons. So a little over 1 pound per meter,  but only 9 oz's per handle ???
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:06:34 PM by Fishman »
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
Crikey!  The 5.0 just arrived and it is 4.2 lbs.  Wow!  That is .4 lbs lighter than our other 3 meter wings.  :)
Wow that is light. Better make sure they put a bladder in it lol. I think a f-one wing will be in my future.

Weighed my Gong 7m. it's 7 lbs 9oz and another 7oz for the batons. So a little over 1 pound per meter,  but only 9 oz's per handle ???

Don’t use the battens. You don’t need them. Maybe if you weighted 280 lbs, but you don’t.

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »

Don’t use the battens. You don’t need them. Maybe if you weighted 280 lbs, but you don’t.
Thanks, good to know. I'd rather not mess with them if I don't have to.

I was wondering. I thought maybe if I needed to pump the wing In light wind that the battens could help with that.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
that Fone is light.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »
My eyes are open!  I had a quick session on the new 5 yesterday afternoon.  When I went out there was a thin strip of whitecaps in the center of the river and none out to the banks.  iWindsurf was reading 6 to 13 on my phone.  I was fully powered.  There was only one other guy out.  He is a (very good) windsurf foiler.  He was on a 5.3 with a big Moses foil and he was struggling to waterstart.  Unfortunately, my leg was completely dead when I launched due to 82 degree temps when I started and by the time I cooled down the wind had picked up to 12 to 18 (which was already a handful) and then went higher.  I did get a few really fun rides on the far side but I was basically hiding from the wind by then.  When I came in I was very overpowered.  This 5 is going to be my ultra light wind wing (8-14).  From this quick session I am figuring that the 4.2 (which I don't have yet) will be my 12 to 18 wing.  the 3.5 is perfect for 16-24 and I am guessing that I will use the 2.8 for 20-28.  I can't imagine myself needing something larger than this 5 and I can guarantee that Chan will never use it.  We would find her in Idaho. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:16:31 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
She could use that as a hang glider.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »
I a guessing she will never need the 4.2.  The 3.5 will likely be her big wing :).  We are going to need the 2.2 for sure but I don't think those are in production yet (just asked F-one about those). 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:10:48 AM by Admin »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 10:59:01 AM »
I assume knots

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal