Author Topic: Wingsurf Downwind  (Read 9724 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Wingsurf Downwind
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:27:42 AM »
Man does this young guy Titouan Galea shred.  He looks like he was born on a foil.  35 liter board and making it look so fun. 

https://www.facebook.com/fonekites/videos/591490268043841/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:36:30 AM by Admin »

soepkip

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wingsurf Downwind
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 06:59:38 AM »
35 liter board  and how much does he weigh? 75 kg?

Rider weight in kg/2=board volume to waterstart

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »
He looks like he was born on a foil.

Has to be a kite foiler. I swear I can tell who is and who isn’t a kite foiler when I watch them surf.

Kite foilers don’t wobble, are not flailing the arms, don’t hunch over. They just stand upright and chill, and cruise like it is no big deal.  ;D

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 04:47:41 AM »
His Instagram has him killing on Wing Foil, Windsurf Foil, Kite Foil, SUP Foil and Surf foil.  I think he likes to foil :).  Our beginner stances are all squatty, wide and nasty and this kid is chilling straight as a pencil.  That is something to aspire to...

https://www.instagram.com/titouan.galea/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0S6rT8I7ko/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:52:17 AM by Admin »

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »
I saw several surf foilers come through the hatch today....Most on the foil the whole time without the wingie thing. Just a paddle which they never seemed to use. The wind was not big. Maybe 10 to 20 mph. There was one wingie guy out practicing. Pretty embarrassing really... ???

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 01:51:11 AM »
Hi Rider, 

I get what you are saying because the beginnings are certainly far from impressive.  But (and its a big but) I can all but guarantee that this guy was having the best day of anyone out there.  Not because he was mincing the place like Titouan above but because he was noticing improvement and learning.  There is a lot to be said for sucking a little bit less than the day before :)

Fear of embarrassment may be the single thing in life that holds people back the most.  That and the related hesitancy to admit to being interested in something, fully committed to learning and that you are trying your hardest.  At the essence it is allowing other people's opinions of you to define what you will do.  The less you can give a shit about that stuff the more fun you will have. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:08:15 AM by Admin »

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 06:22:49 AM »
Fear of embarrassment may be the single thing in life that holds people back the most.  That and the related hesitancy to admit to being interested in something, fully committed to learning and that you are trying your hardest.  At the essence it is allowing other people's opinions of you to define what you will do.  The less you can give a shit about that stuff the more fun you will have.

Well said Admin. I’ve always liked that saying that on people’s deathbed, it’s not what they have done that they regret, but rather they regret the things they didn’t do.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
I am a kook. I've always been a kook. I will always be a kook. Tough to get embarrassed when you start from there.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 02:34:08 PM »
c'mon PonoBill you stated and I follow and I thank you for that  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal