Author Topic: F-One Swing, Foils and Foilboards  (Read 15258 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: F-One Swing, Foils and Foilboards
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 03:15:52 AM »
Looks like a kitefoil on this one:

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: F-One Swing, Foils and Foilboards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 08:17:11 AM »
Not much hype on F-One foils here?? Anyway, I have been using the F-One Gravity 2200cm2 this winter/spring. I think it's a damn good foil. Especially for a heavyweight like me at 245 lbs not including a 5/4 suit, gloves and booties. Very stable foil with early lift. I was pulling off foiling footswitch jibes almost immediately on this foil but have lots of kitefoiling experience prior. This is a great foil for learning jibes. Nice carbon bottom section with a unique front wing integrated into the first half of the fuselage for a very stiff connection. It came with a 300cm2 stab, which I found to be too small so I ordered an Axis 500 stab and modified it to work with the F-One foil. Much better with a more leveled ride. F-One doesn't offer many choices on stabilizers which is too bad IMO. This big wing has alot of curve and it turns well for it's size. Looks very Mike's Lab-esque in the wingtips. It glides through holes suprisingly well and out of underpowered jibes with just a couple of pumps to the foil. The wing is pretty thick, mid-section. It's not screaming fast but not super slow either. F-One just came out with their 2020 line. I'm interested in trying the higher aspect and thinner Phantom 1780 cm2 foil for more speed and upwind ability. Anyone tried the Phantom line?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal