Author Topic: A little Economics  (Read 2340 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
A little Economics
« on: August 04, 2019, 03:27:54 PM »
Lately, I spend my mornings when I'm not paddling doing Masterclass. I shifted from Kahn Academy because I'm a little tired of realizing how much I forget of mathematics when I don't work on it for a while.

Anyway, lately, I'm watching Paul Krugman's lectures on Economics and Society. Interesting stuff. I'm sure anyone who's ardently on either the left or the right will get apoplectic watching it, but the guy knows his stuff. I think anyone looking to make sense of the world could gain some technical insight from this. Reading the comments is hysterical--people complaining that he isn't answering their questions when their questions are really statements based on their particular looniness.

I've already mentioned how much Diane and I enjoyed Massimo Bottura's class on modern Italian cooking. I'm switching in segments from Neil Gaiman on storytelling, re-taking the David Baldacci class on writing thrillers, and Thomas Keller's second masterclass on cooking techniques.

Next up will probably be Howard Schulz on business leadership, Karl Rove and David Axelrod on campaign strategy and messaging, and I'm going to redo the Bob Woodward class. I'll sprinkle in a little Jodie Foster--not because I care about directing but simply because she seems delightful.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:29:39 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: A little Economics
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:17:19 PM »
Im surprised you listen to Krugman,  his analysis and commentary through the 07 crisis was an ongoing joke among many who are critical of the banks and their folly, which you often are.    I like Reggie Middleton, he seems to have looked behind the curtain.  Krugman seem to always make sure you never really get to see behind the veil.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 06:47:10 PM »
I'm interested in most viewpoints, as long as there is some thought and rigor behind them.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 06:54:24 PM »
good approach, I think id rather stick to the cooking class.  I just get pissed listening to some of these economists blowing smoke out their butts, haha. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »
Or you could try the Karl Rove/David Axlerod one. I'm sort of saving that for crappy weather. Might as well get all the depressing shit at once.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 08:35:38 PM »
Im back on the crazy train with my health and Ive been spending most of my time trying to figure out whos full of poop and not.  I actually took your good advice and went back to school  at Kahn academy.   I went back over a year of organic chem and spent almost a month relearning the Kreb cycle. the answer is there somewhere. 

I ended up going through all of Ben Greenfields utbe videos and blogs, I cant find much hes wrong about, at least on a biochemical level. 

I also found this protocol, It makes the most sense in what is going on with me.  Im not absorbing anything basically.  my iron is out the roof, but my b12 is none existent and im anemic.  along comes the inflammation with all of that. 

I highly recommend everybody here check out this site,  https://therootcauseprotocol.com/

copper and magnesium are the key to methylating.  this protocol addresses these issues.

At the moment  Im trying to read The Poetic Edda It’s a collection of Old Norse mythical and heroic poems, composed by anonymous poets in Iceland or Scandinavia during the Viking Age and shortly thereafter.  Im basically a son of Ragnar Lothbrock, According to my DNA test at 23&me.  SO why the hell cant I reads this shit? haha

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 05:37:02 AM »
"the worldly philosophers" is a good read--read it, or sample around--it'll shore things up
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal