Author Topic: Small Kine Super Secrets  (Read 63179 times)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small Kine Super Secrets
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:39:50 PM »
East side swell is holding steady at...1 meter...all spring...

So still a great day with a couple of friends at a local (to me) secret spot. Flat reef without a bunch of holes, that will set up for some longer rides with enough swell. When it gets overhead, it becomes almost exclusively rights (unless you want a big paddle back out). It's a barreling wave, but not top-to-bottom, so less heavy, and really fun. Limited to light winds, as it's a km paddle from the closest put-in.
Surfed about four hours, and these were some of the better rides I caught. When the really good ones pop up, I always forget the camera...but I'm getting better at it. Nose-cam, as the bite mount really affects my surfing still.

On the NP10 (10'x28"x127L) with quad GL2.

Enjoy, and thanks for watching. As always, critiquing on filming welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAwR3PLi2I&t=1s

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Small Kine Super Secrets
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:50:48 PM »
Nice video. I spend most of my time watching your foot work on your 28" wide board.

BTW, since your hat has a strap, where did you get your hat from?
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 03:36:08 AM »
It's a Japanese surf brand called Kiss Mark. Billabong sells the same hat, but I've only seen them with the neoprene strap in Japan...

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 05:44:31 AM »
Nice kine.
Oki is a true sup paradise. Between the relatively close two coasts, both highly convoluted, and all the way out there spots, so much opportunity.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:42:12 AM »
Love the video. It looked particularly high def for some reason. Cool colors too... the dark water.
Is your camera gimballed?  I don’t recall boards moving so independent of cameras in other videos.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
Nice kine.
Oki is a true sup paradise. Between the relatively close two coasts, both highly convoluted, and all the way out there spots, so much opportunity.

It's awesome. Barring some bad wind days, and when typhoons are close in, there's something for SUP 365. That was a huge part of the SUP appeal to me. We love to complain about having to drive "all the way up north" when the conditions warrant, but the reality is that from where I live, anywhere is only two hours away.

Love the video. It looked particularly high def for some reason. Cool colors too... the dark water.
Is your camera gimballed?  I don’t recall boards moving so independent of cameras in other videos.

Thanks. No gimbal. The GoPro "Hypersmooth" stability makes it look like it is. I think it uses g sensors, and shoots in a larger frame, then crops it down. The little camera is pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:30:53 PM by OkiWild »

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 09:27:33 PM »
Yesterday this spot woke up. My gut told me it was going to get bigger, but went with the stupid swell forecast, and only brought a 10' long board. Overhead in the peak, and head/shoulder down the line. Lots of waves. Most missed with the GoPro... When it wakes up, I still can't master the whole "paying attention to the camera and getting it ready" thing when a wave is setting up, trying to position myself in the peak, paddling in back-side this day. I find that I try too hard for the camera, and my surfing experience greatly suffers...but getting better.

A few pics, and I'm out the door to hit the same place today  :)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:31:23 PM by OkiWild »

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 07:57:15 AM »
Fun session. I've thought about trying a Gimbal, but it might not turn out with great results. The you'd probably keep moving side to side out of the frame, which might be distracting?

Nice lip shot on the closeout, BTW...  Almost got a little cover up too. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal