Author Topic: El Salvador  (Read 22607 times)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: El Salvador
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
El Salvador was scary a while back. Small arms
in the background at night.

Never ever stop if you see a dead animal in your
path. Bandits push 'em out to get you to stop.

Crazy guys with pinned eyes stopped my buddy and I. His wife and two little kids were in the back of the van.

I still believe if they weren't there, my mate and I
would not be alive.

Zunzal fun, bigger the better. I have heard it's crazy crowded now and not fun.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
TDE.... awesome pics! You were dropping some serious wave down there!!!
Very glad you had such a good trip... I had good friends from El Salvador back in the early 70's.

Who was the other guy? Didn't recognize him from my visits with the JAX crew!

Was he also surfing the Sunova Steeze? You kill it on that board Tim!  :)

tde

• Sunset Status
    • MSN Messenger - Timellispv@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 08:58:11 PM »
Eastbound... The first three photos are of Sunzal and the next three are of Punta Mango. We also caught good surf at Las Flores. We had a guide, ALEX NOVOA the whole trip. He met us at the airport and from there took us up to Las Flores. Stayed there 3 days (took the boat to Mangos twice) and then went to El Zonte where Alex owns a great little hotel. (Esencia Nativa).. There are a couple of breaks that can be good in El Zonte but Alex took us to Sunzal for at least one session each day. Alex is the past president of the El Salvador surfing federation and their SUP national champ. He is an amazing guy and made our trip really special! The attached pic is of Alex

Creek (Rick)... Thanks for the comments. The other guy in the photos is Chris Trip. In one of the pics he’s riding my STEEZE. He brought his 8’5 Speed and a 8’10 Flow. The STEEZE road great!!!..and the surf was about as big as this OLD guy from FLA can handle. :D It was a great trip and one that will provide lifelong memories!!!
Tim

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »
Yowzers - bombs away ^^^.

A facebook post by Clay Feeter got me reading Bill Boyum's memoir "Journal's from the Edge" about his life and surfing which lead to a surfy summer reading list  including Alan Weisbecker's "In Search of Captain Zero" which had the author traveling through Central American in the late 90's. Sort of a gonzo journalism, alpha male, ego trip fueled by conflict, danger and surf. So it is fun to see your trip report Tde and put some real pictures to the Weisbecker's "tall" tale.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.   
New England Is My Playground

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
thx tde--both waves look to be really nice rights--i had already stalked alex a bit--seems a good soul, and an amazing surfer
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal