Author Topic: Challenge for Sunova's team rider James Casey  (Read 2880 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Challenge for Sunova's team rider James Casey
« on: July 21, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »
Sunova's team rider James Casey posted this on Instagram. I am copying and pasting it here.

I've met him several times and have the pleasure of doing two Maldives boat trips with him. Besides being incredibly talented in SUP surfing, Foiling, Down winding, and Surfing, he is by far one of the most likable and positive guys I've ever met. He in now having a very challenging time and someone that can use our support.

james__casey
My Dad is currently fighting brain cancer, it can't be operated on due to the positioning of it so he is currently going through the process of radiation and chemotherapy.

He inspired me to do Molokai 2 Oahu and has really been the catalyst for my passion of all ocean sports and my current lifestyle at the moment.

Just five months ago we were in Maui surfing together, seven months ago stand up paddling downwind together at home and almost a year ago he was on my support boat for M2O cheering me on and keeping my nutrition under control.
He has always been extremely fit and active, completing multiple ultra marathons, the Kona Iron Man and tow surfing Jaws before everyone paddled it. His goal this year was to paddle Maui 2 Molokai Solo. Currently he struggles to see and can only walk with assistance or a walking frame, side effects of the positioning of the tumor.
This year I want to dedicate my crossing of the Kaiwi Channel to my Dad and raise money to help other people fighting cancer.
I'm aiming to raise $100 for each kilometer I paddle during the 52km crossing, so $5200 all up if I paddle nice and straight. It's a lofty goal with only a week until I race but lets see how we go.

Head to the link below (I'll put it in my bio too so you can click on it) and donate what ever you feel is the right amount for you. https://www.cantoo.org.au/s/4714/11506/s

James Casey
Fundraising for My Dad's Battle with Brain Cancer ⤵️
www.cantoo.org.au/s/4714/11506/s

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal