Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

Black Project Lava vs. QuickBlade Trifecta FG/CA

(1/3) > >>

whitecap:
Looking to get at a mid/high-range price do it all paddle [flat water, downwind, adjustable, durable]. Price point is >$350 for me, but of course want lightest and most durable those $ wil buy. A quiver is not an option on my household  ??? My thinking is I've narrowed it down to these two so looking for some user feedback if anyone cares to share I'd appreciate it.

The Quickblade I believe offers the cool Leverlock system, and it appears the Black Project is a sort of cam thing which porturdes on the shaft.  The Leverlock seems like a fantastic concept, the anti-twist of the Black Project also sounds appealing...........

Skate:
go with the black project.

Area 10:
Spend a few dollars more and get the QB vector net adjustable -but only if it doesn’t use the leverlock system. The handles that come with the lever lock system are IMO unacceptable, and give me blisters.

Do you really need an adjustable? I surf, downwind, and paddle flat water all with the same fixed length paddle. There’s no law that says you have to have different length paddles for each activity. I found a happy compromise length that works well enough for pretty much everything.

Adjustables are a PITA. They break, require constant washing, are heavy and prone to malfunction, fill with water, and are generally less nice to use. They are an absolute last resort IMO.

burchas:

--- Quote from: Area 10 on July 20, 2019, 01:24:55 PM ---Do you really need an adjustable? I surf, downwind, and paddle flat water all with the same fixed length paddle. There’s no law that says you have to have different length paddles for each activity. I found a happy compromise length that works well enough for pretty much everything.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. That is my experience for the past year.

whitecap:
Thanks for the reply mates. I am still not dead set on a fixed paddle length - so a little anxious about locking in just yet, and figured having adjustability for a period of time would certainly aid that process/determination. I was also hoping to use it to entice my wife to join me on the water........

All this said your thoughts on the Leverlock have me looking harder at the Black Project. Guess I’ll check in with Big Winds, Gorge performance and Chris himself for some feed back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version