Stand Up Paddle > SUP General

What is wrong with this picture?

(1/6) > >>

mal2050:
We have all seen newbies doing something backwards when it comes to surfing like waxing the bottom of the board. 

Sunday sitting with my family at the beach I look over and spot the big fin on backwards,  and when I mentioned this, my wife said all three fins are backwards of which I had missed.

I do not like the shaming that people have to endure when they do this so I thought I would politely point this out.

I had seen three women floating on this earlier so I went over to let them know they had got the fins in wrong.

I was told no this is the only way they can fit and that was the instructions given, when I tried to say that I have surfed for a long time the other person told me "well this is not a surfboard it is a paddleboard".
Anyhow I think I got the message to them but I cannot say they were pleased with it.

Badger:
One time I was walking on the beach and told some girls that they were using their paddle backwards. They didn't believe me and just kept on doing it the wrong way.

Wetstuff:
Whew, Mal...  That looks like a rear-entrance visit to the ER waiting to happen.   Badger, they rent canoes, kayaks at our Fed. Park.  One time, two young Asian girls were in a canoe 'facing one another', one paddling backward, but I'd bet it was a first/last time situation.  They used to keep a dinghy handy - most newbies go downwind first.

Jim

Bean:
I've totally given up on offering unsolicited advice and would suggest to everyone here, to do the same.  ;D

ninja tuna:
That guy is ahead of the times....You all need to catch up.

That is the new noserider fin position for steering from the front.

;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version