Author Topic: Game of Thrones guy does SUP board...  (Read 6492 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Game of Thrones guy does SUP board...
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:42:29 AM »
Ha!   When I first looked at this guy; "He looks familiar."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=271&v=nl_zq04r68E

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones guy does SUP board...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:13:20 AM »
Nice video even though I don't know what Game of Thrones is.   ;D
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 07:53:13 AM »
For a guy who has fame and everything, his head and heart is grounded in the right place. Aloha
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:44 AM »
Yeah, he seems genuine, which is rare in Hollyweird. I liked that scene where the kids were putting leis on him. A lot of people would step back when it got to be too crazy, but I could tell he didn't want to disappoint any of the kids. He's hooked up with the right people on the West side of Oahu, that's for sure. I met Buffalo about 20+ years ago when I went to the whacky Makaha event he put on. Amazingly nice guy. I got in WAY over my head at Makaha and Brian came by to check on me. Gave me a few pointers to help me not die. Greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:37:49 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »

Is this a joke?

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »
Jason also stared in the Movie “Aquaman”. I have never  watched “game of thrones” but recently enjoyed “aquaman” on a flight to Minneapolis.

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »

Is this a joke?

No, I honestly have no idea what it is. I try to stay away from the media as much as possible.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
My middle daughter's two closest friends are Hawaiian twins, and the twins Dad is a screenwriter. He is pretty close with Momoa, and has nothing but good things to say about him.

He looks like a pretty good SUP surfer for learning so late in life, but athletically speaking he is on another level - so it makes sense.
Make paddleboarding great again!

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
Jason has the love the ocean flowing through his veins. And that is a good thing.

BTW, those are some some nice boards he helped design. Nice to see his 10'6" board has 5 fin boxes.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
Great vid.. thanks.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »
Badger...  I sorta understand, and GoT was bloody, murderous, treachery  ...like Rwanda, but fantasy    ...with some characters that were likeable for balance.  I doubt there were any in Rwanda.   HBO had a movie about QUEEN. (who's Queen?!)  Like Thrones it was remarkably well done.  (I guess I was busy when 'Queen' was a thing.)   Badger, I hope not, but I picture you intentionally walking thru a patch of sandspurs if you see civilians enjoying themselves at the beach.  Pleasure deprivation is not productive.  (turning off the 'news' - possibly....)

Winger...  I was looking at the 10'.  I still have some money parked in OZ and a friend who's a great packer...   What I really wanted, however, is that 12' Sunova Point Break, but the Atlantis 12' is already safely here and paid for ...and remarkably stable for its width - for me anyway.

Two things in the video jumped out for me: 1) "Raised in Iowa."  I am fully prejudiced, but having lived around a bit after my youth in the upper Midwest, a lot of basically, nice mellow people come from the more rural midwest.  2). Kelly got roped into that video at about 4:14.  'Guilt by association' works every time...

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »
Does this mean those Atlantis boards are headed to the states?

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 03:38:54 PM »
Badger...  I sorta understand, and GoT was bloody, murderous, treachery  ...like Rwanda, but fantasy    ...with some characters that were likeable for balance.  I doubt there were any in Rwanda.   HBO had a movie about QUEEN. (who's Queen?!)  Like Thrones it was remarkably well done.  (I guess I was busy when 'Queen' was a thing.)   Badger, I hope not, but I picture you intentionally walking thru a patch of sandspurs if you see civilians enjoying themselves at the beach.  Pleasure deprivation is not productive.  (turning off the 'news' - possibly....)

Basic cable is all I can afford so I don't know anything about HBO and all those other channels. I prefer to watch YouTube anyway.   ;)

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 06:00:44 PM »
You don't have to watch TV to like Game of Thrones, it's a book. One of the most intricately written and plotted books I've ever read. George R. R. Martin has been working on the books since 1996. The series is actually called "A Song Of Ice And Fire" and Game of Thrones is the first book. It's actually better, or at least more intricate, clever and consistent than the TV series, though the first few years of the TV series did it justice. After season four it got kind of wonky.

The complexity of the books make them a bear to write and GRRM writes them damned slowly. I suspect they may never be completed now, and that sucks big time.

I also watched Aquaman on a plane. It pretty much sucked, as do most superhero movies.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

supthecreek

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 06:06:35 PM »
Declan Harp surfs pretty well for a big man!

Surfing has a way of grounding people... especially if you have  Makaha ohana. That was a nice video  :)

Jason and Tim look like they have come up with a nice board.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal