General > The Shape Shack

drain hole cover?

(1/2) > >>

GlideMarko:
does drain hole cover works (is efficient)?
does water really enters standing area slower/less in dugout SUPs?
any experiences with NSP or Infinity dugouts?

burchas:
As far as I understand it, the usage of this little tunnel is for creating
a Venturi effect thus having more efficient draining.

If you're looking for something that acts more like a cover or better yet,
a valve maybe this is a better option:

comeu:
I have a Sunova allwater with the same drain hole system and it does work well, in fact it’s so efficient that you forget about it .

PonoBill:
OC's and Surfskis have had super-efficient drain systems for at least 20 years, based on NACA ducts that were first optimized 50+ years ago. Why they aren't simply copied baffles me. The drain system shown in the picture is a poor design that would be both draggy and turbulent at the lip. The NACA-style drain on my Scorpius OC1 makes a sucking sound at anything past 2-3 mph and drains a fully filled well in seconds.

Quickbeam:
I just bought my first dugout board. It has drain holes and they work very well. I’ve only had the board in the water a few times, as it really is brand new, but I’ve been impressed with how dry the standing area stays. I dumped the board on purpose the other day to see how difficult it would be to get back in. There was quite a bit of water in the standing area and once I got going it cleared very quickly. And I also hear a sucking or almost a whistling sound when I get up to speed on the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version