Author Topic: New product launch on Kickstarter: Blue Planet Balance Surfer  (Read 21527 times)

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New product launch on Kickstarter: Blue Planet Balance Surfer
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 07:12:10 AM »
Loving my balance surfer as well! really good product and with the Red insert, more challenging than I thought it would be.

I love the inflatable insert idea 8) I would buy one. makes it even more portable and versatile if you want to bring it with you on the road.

My only comment at this point would be about the traction pad. current one is pretty good but for guys like me who spend hours standing in front of the computer I would like to have a thicker pad for more cushioning. would make it much more comfortable for long stretches. That said, it easy enough to replace the pad and choose the one I like which is what I'll do.
in progress...

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 07:06:09 AM »
Negative.  I think the compactness of the package is a major feature. It does all the wiggle-woggle (and more, if you change the inserts) to engage your balance system.  The Goof board is 44 x 16" ...a whole separate category, needing a lot more locker space. 

Maybe your next item, Robert, will be a pneumatic, foil trainer you can place in shops for people to get the 'feel' of what it is like to ride an Easy Foiler board. 

In reading foil post, both here and the Breeze, I have no sense of how it would feel under-foot.  Is it a dampened, slo-mo pedestal or balancing on the head of a pin?  (new thread)

Jim
Hi Jim,
The Balance Surfer with the Challenging or XChallenging module is the closest balance sensation to foiling of any balance board I have tried, the balance on a foil is very sensitive to tiny shifts in weight, there is very little dampening.  I'm thinking of making an inflatable ball module for the Balance Surfer, kind of like a Bosu Ball with a square base with adjustable air pressure but I think the stiff modules are actually a more realistic balance challenge for SUP and foiling.

Awesome!  I'm loving mine.  Have it on the medium (challenging) mode and it is on a hard floor.  I got it to expidite my foiling next spring and I'm sure it will. Was a real eye opener to experience the front/rear weight shift that is so important. At first I had no sensitivity there, just full power back or forward, nothing in between. Took a couple of times to start being able to modulate front to rear balance, mostly because the movements are so small and require precise muscle control.  I have little doubt this is going to spare me many wipeouts (still plenty to be sure) that I would have had just learning the weight shift.
 And the workout to the muscles involved is significant. I get tired in 5-10 minutes using it.  Well done!!

If I might ask:  have purchased a Neil Pryde Glide sup/surf foil and have a Slingshot slingwing I got last summer.  Going to decide on a 4 in 1 board for our inland lake with light wind with foiling the goal as we seldom get planing speed winds.  Hope to Wing and Wind foil mostly once I learn.
 Going to Maui for a week starting the 11th. 
Would your recommend I take a lesson in surfing and windsurfing or just one of them at a time?  Plan to take 2 lessons either way. Won't see waves back home but I've not wakeboarded to learn board handling (flatwater Isup only).  I do have a jet ski to tow for learning come spring time.
 Love the videos and your new boards.

Stoked you like the Balance Surfer!  I agree that for wingfoiling, take the lesson behind the boat and then a wing lesson, you can always practice without the foil at first, and practice the wing handling on the beach.
Regarding 4-in-1 board, it's a compromise.  If you will use it mainly for wingfoiling, a SUP foil board will work better.

Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »
Loving my balance surfer as well! really good product and with the Red insert, more challenging than I thought it would be.

I love the inflatable insert idea 8) I would buy one. makes it even more portable and versatile if you want to bring it with you on the road.

My only comment at this point would be about the traction pad. current one is pretty good but for guys like me who spend hours standing in front of the computer I would like to have a thicker pad for more cushioning. would make it much more comfortable for long stretches. That said, it easy enough to replace the pad and choose the one I like which is what I'll do.
I'm stoked you like it Burchas.  Thank you for the feedback regarding deck pad.  We use the same EVA material as on our SUP boards but for standing a long time a softer pad is worth testing. 
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 06:34:13 AM »
We posted a new, shorter Balance Surfer intro/ instruction video that we are using for the Amazon listing, please check it out:

https://youtu.be/XPDWPWiSvh0

Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

justsomeguy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »
Got mine off amazon a few days ago and have been happy with it so far. Will post a review on amazon once i've had it a week or so. Have been experimenting with the modules using both parallel and surf stances. Do you have any recommendation on module orientations for the different stances?  Thx!
Fanatic Allwave LTD 9'4"x33"x173L
NSP Carolina 14'x25.75"x299L
+ a few prone surfboards nobody here cares about :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal