Author Topic: New product launch on Kickstarter: Blue Planet Balance Surfer  (Read 21513 times)

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
Re: New product launch on Kickstarter: Blue Planet Balance Surfer
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 03:14:36 PM »
Robert, do we need to open an account to take part in this, or can we just sign in as a guest? In other words, if I make the pledge as a guest, do I still qualify to get the "Balance Surfer"? It looks like it is O.K. to just sign in as a guest, but I thought I should double check.

Also, for shipping, I live in Canada but also have a U.S. shipping address. I didn't see any way to make the differentiation with as far as I got in the process???
Hi Quickbeam,
Thanks for your support.
I think you can sign out as a guest, no problem.  Just enter your US shipping address and you should qualify for the US shipping rate.  Let me know if you have any problems with the pledge and I'll try to help you.

Aloha, Robert
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:24:45 PM by blueplanetsurf »
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 09:51:16 AM »
Thanks to the support of over 200 backers we were able to add additional features.  We added two more balance modules which gives you a total of 7 different balance settings, from easy to extra challenging and a soft EVA deck for barefoot use.
Please check out this update video with details, there are two more days left in the campaign, so if you have not backed the project yet, please consider it, the Balance Surfer is the perfect tool to improve your balance over the winter months.
This is the Kickstarter campaign:
http://kck.st/2lfc84l

This is the update video:
https://youtu.be/hgvMxoGL5Ww

Aloha, Robert
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »
That sounds great Rob 8) How do I add those modules? I went to manage my pledge but
there was no option to add those alone. only go to higher pledges that offers the full kit
Which is more than the $15 addition specified.
in progress...

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 02:56:59 PM »
Now I only have to wait until October :-) yeah!!!!
Burchas, you can likely get my Extra challenging insert, after I have been on my a$$ a few times  :o
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:00:20 PM by Luc Benac »
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 04:06:02 PM »
Now I only have to wait until October :-) yeah!!!!
Burchas, you can likely get my Extra challenging insert, after I have been on my a$$ a few times  :o

;D I wouldn't dare depriving you of a$$ kicking.
in progress...

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »
That sounds great Rob 8) How do I add those modules? I went to manage my pledge but
there was no option to add those alone. only go to higher pledges that offers the full kit
Which is more than the $15 addition specified.

Burchas

I just logged in and was able to change my original pledge and increase it by $15. I think that is all you need to do.
Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »
Burchas, yes, don't change your pledge so you keep your "dawn patrol" pricing, you just add $15 to your pledge and we will know it's for the three modules upgrade, thank you!
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 11:09:15 AM »
I got my Balance Surfer delivered a few days ago and I'm happy. Being in my 70s, I know that my balance is fading a bit and when I haven't surfed for a while it takes me a couple of sessions to get back to being comfortable on my lower volume boards. The balance surfer isn't really sold as a balance practice aid, but it works for me. I can tell by using it for two or three days, it has already helped my balance plus its given me a bit of leg exercise.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »
Hi Tom,
Excellent, I'm glad to hear that.  I try to use my Balance Surfer daily and I have noticed that I feel more balanced when I get on a small board and don't need as much time to warm up and get my "sea legs".
We have the Balance Surfer available on our website now:
https://www.blueplanetsurf.com/balance-surfer.html

And it will be available on Amazon shortly here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081DBH7PK?ref=myi_title_dp&th=1

https://youtu.be/kY_GqRT3co0

Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
The stance length is a little tight, but I can increase the challenge a bit using surf/karate footing vs parallel.   I like this device.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Hi Jim,
Cool thank you for the feedback, I'm stoked you like it.  Do you think the board should be wider side to side or heel to toe, or both?  Specs are attached.

If anyone else on the Standupzone is interested in getting a Balance Surfer, I can offer you a great deal if you agree to write an honest review on Amazon for us.
You have to have a Standupzone account, please contact me through "my Messages"  if you are interested.

Aloha, Robert

Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 05:49:07 AM »
Negative.  I think the compactness of the package is a major feature. It does all the wiggle-woggle (and more, if you change the inserts) to engage your balance system.  The Goof board is 44 x 16" ...a whole separate category, needing a lot more locker space. 

Maybe your next item, Robert, will be a pneumatic, foil trainer you can place in shops for people to get the 'feel' of what it is like to ride an Easy Foiler board. 

In reading foil post, both here and the Breeze, I have no sense of how it would feel under-foot.  Is it a dampened, slo-mo pedestal or balancing on the head of a pin?  (new thread)

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 03:28:46 PM »
Negative.  I think the compactness of the package is a major feature. It does all the wiggle-woggle (and more, if you change the inserts) to engage your balance system.  The Goof board is 44 x 16" ...a whole separate category, needing a lot more locker space. 

Maybe your next item, Robert, will be a pneumatic, foil trainer you can place in shops for people to get the 'feel' of what it is like to ride an Easy Foiler board. 

In reading foil post, both here and the Breeze, I have no sense of how it would feel under-foot.  Is it a dampened, slo-mo pedestal or balancing on the head of a pin?  (new thread)

Jim
Hi Jim,
The Balance Surfer with the Challenging or XChallenging module is the closest balance sensation to foiling of any balance board I have tried, the balance on a foil is very sensitive to tiny shifts in weight, there is very little dampening.  I'm thinking of making an inflatable ball module for the Balance Surfer, kind of like a Bosu Ball with a square base with adjustable air pressure but I think the stiff modules are actually a more realistic balance challenge for SUP and foiling.

Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

MLB

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2020, 11:31:08 PM »

Jim
Hi Jim,
The Balance Surfer with the Challenging or XChallenging module is the closest balance sensation to foiling of any balance board I have tried, the balance on a foil is very sensitive to tiny shifts in weight, there is very little dampening.  I'm thinking of making an inflatable ball module for the Balance Surfer, kind of like a Bosu Ball with a square base with adjustable air pressure but I think the stiff modules are actually a more realistic balance challenge for SUP and foiling.

Awesome!  I'm loving mine.  Have it on the medium (challenging) mode and it is on a hard floor.  I got it to expidite my foiling next spring and I'm sure it will. Was a real eye opener to experience the front/rear weight shift that is so important. At first I had no sensitivity there, just full power back or forward, nothing in between. Took a couple of times to start being able to modulate front to rear balance, mostly because the movements are so small and require precise muscle control.  I have little doubt this is going to spare me many wipeouts (still plenty to be sure) that I would have had just learning the weight shift.
 And the workout to the muscles involved is significant. I get tired in 5-10 minutes using it.  Well done!!

If I might ask:  have purchased a Neil Pryde Glide sup/surf foil and have a Slingshot slingwing I got last summer.  Going to decide on a 4 in 1 board for our inland lake with light wind with foiling the goal as we seldom get planing speed winds.  Hope to Wing and Wind foil mostly once I learn.
 Going to Maui for a week starting the 11th. 
Would your recommend I take a lesson in surfing and windsurfing or just one of them at a time?  Plan to take 2 lessons either way. Won't see waves back home but I've not wakeboarded to learn board handling (flatwater Isup only).  I do have a jet ski to tow for learning come spring time.
 Love the videos and your new boards.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 03:14:17 AM »
MLB,

Take a foil lesson on Maui. Being towed by a professional is your best path to success. You could also take a wing lesson there. Forget the windsurf and surf lesson. Worthless for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal