Author Topic: Shoulder pain and THC  (Read 12537 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: Shoulder pain and THC
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
Sorry, Bill.  Magnesium.  These cramps have only come on in the last couple of years; my primary seems to think nobody in the 1800s ever got these.  Odd, singular muscle or small groups going into radical tension (only during sleep), requiring you get up and pull the sucker out, but that tends to do it...  MAG at around midnight seems to let me sleep 'till about 6 when other c'hit says; 'Get up azzhole!'.

Report from the frontlines: at 11:05 am I left the, well named, Hi Tide Dispensary in West Ocean City with some 'balm'**.  I had a choice of this or another that was packed with 300mg of THC ...but no CBD?  I got nervous about no CBD.  (maybe you can enlighten GFN) 20min later I had rubbed some on my 'spiking' shoulder and true to last time, the level and duration of flares were suppressed quite quickly.* 

I spent about 2hrs in the water beginning to notice spikes but they were tolerable.  Hr. 3 - I am back to my shop ...applied a second time, and again, noticeable relief very quickly.  I like this c'hit!

I only used a bit at the end of my finger...  Unlike tablets, I do not know how to dose this?

Jim

*2 x 220mg Neproxin at ~8 am did not dampen this shoulder pain. (may have helped with the back)

**$45 and a 10% 'locals' discount. (I get 15% as ex-GI at my local dispenser).  Interestingly, the state stupidly does not collect sales taxes according to the sales slip?!

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 05:27:34 PM »
As I said, I'm taking Magnesium too, but I throttled back to 200 mg at night. Seems to do the trick without reworking my digestive system. The infamous stool softener "Milk of Magnesia" is Magnesium. If you tolerate more it might be OK, but not for me.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »
Ya, Bill, no squitters here, but maybe I'll try that  ...but then, my Cardio says 400.  (and it's cheap as dirt).  Cheers.

Jim

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
Turns out, it was tendonitis of the Short Head Tendon.  My primary, playing the part of a Syrian interrogator, was able to light a fire in my shoulder easily.  His Rx was ~800mg of Ibuprofin daily and a Cortiszone shot if it persists. Conducting a 'study of one', I am nixing the Ibuprofin and limiting myself to THC salve. To refine it, I am not using any mixed with CBD.  One of the creams I have is to make edibles; meaning; 'get you high', but it has none of these effects applied to the skin.

So far, in a roughly two week period (shudda wrote it down...) I apply an unknown amount - some on the tip of a finger - about 3X daily.  It has not been a 'cure', but the pain drops off quicker than the memory of aspirin or ibuprofen's effects on other pain. The duration seems to be a few hours, and, as expected, there is likely some self-healing going on. (This is the first tendon issue I knew I had, so I do not know what to expect.) Ibuprofin is quite a bit less expensive and, obviously, available to everyone. 

...And, I tried something else that seems to work:  I got into Poison Ivy over the weekend (the entire watery edge of my marsh has it) and the same sort of direct application suppresses itching for a similar period as the shouler for the four days I have been using it.

Jim

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »
thanks for guinea pigging for us, jim

much as my hip has mechanical issues, next time it nags me i may try rubbing some of my colorado-bought goop into the hip area for a few days

if it keeps the knife away, ill be happy

reminds me--gotta call the hernia surgeon---ultrasound sees minor inguinal hernia---relieved it's not some growth or some shit--PCP says likely no need to knife me---we'll see what the guy with the knife says

i shd prolly start a thread--bet a lot of us oldsters have been down the hernia road

good luck with the shoulder wet

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 06:14:48 AM »
EB,  Hernia repair is a cakewalk.  I've had two, one in the Army, and still feel-it occasionally.  They put mesh in for the last one. There are some critical nerves in the area, but this is such a common procedure - you don't need to go to Mayo or Hopkins for it. (just find an OR nurse in your area and ask who has good hands)

Jim

BTW:  Rub-a-weed on Poison Ivy is a bust.  I applied it while indoors: temp and humidity low.  Stand outside in 90+f/60% for an hour and you begin to panic. PI is very heat-sensitive!

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
good call---the OR nurses know who's who.....

no panic as guy reco'ed by my concierge pcp is booked til late september!

i dont want to mess with it til after our fall storm season anyway
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 11:15:53 AM »
thanks for guinea pigging for us, jim

much as my hip has mechanical issues, next time it nags me i may try rubbing some of my colorado-bought goop into the hip area for a few days

if it keeps the knife away, ill be happy

reminds me--gotta call the hernia surgeon---ultrasound sees minor inguinal hernia---relieved it's not some growth or some shit--PCP says likely no need to knife me---we'll see what the guy with the knife says

i shd prolly start a thread--bet a lot of us oldsters have been down the hernia road

good luck with the shoulder wet

Everyone without MD behind their name thinks I have one. Just a little under the breastbone and slightly to my left I have a bulge. Doctors (more than one poked it around) say it is a fatty deposit that can be removed but poses no problem. I probably had it for several years and didn't see it until I lost all the weight, which I have now kept off about 18 months.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
hey EB, I just got a fricken umbilical hernia on Friday.  Ive been out for over year, just starting to swim again and now this.  Fuck me.  I haven't surfed since June of 2018. 
  I had it ultrasounded and it is pretty mild, just a bit of fat popped out from the upper fascia, so no intestinal involvement.  I was told no surgery at this point.   I found an interesting Doc making a strong healing Poultice.  I talked to him for a bit today and he has had a lot of success.  As with anything natural it takes time, so most people want the quicker fix.  Unfortunately my body just doesn't like anything modern medicine so I have to stick to natural.  im going to use the poultice and stuff a bunch of weed in my belly button;)

https://www.naeturalhealthinformation.com/#_ga=2.20707697.819320998.1564454474-1614970197.1564453921

what sucks is Im 50, and Ive had more things wrong with me in the last 10 years than this entire board combined, haha  Just the last year, I was out, bed ridden for 4 months with a staph infection in my shin. I picked it up in the ocean.  I almost lost my leg.  I had gangrene into my bone.  The day it finally closed up a swell came through and I went out, cramped up, almost drowned in triple overhead surf, then got another staff infection in the other shin.  lucky I was only out for 2 months with that.   As I was recovering from that, unbeknownst to me my body decided to stop absorbing my thyroid medicine (I had thyroid cancer and it got cut out and thrown in the trash) and I ended up in the ER in a coma due to hormones crashing along with non traumatic rhapodomyolosis.  that was awesome.  that put me out for about 3 months.  everytime i walked anywhere i turned into a giant cramp and pissing blood.  I had started a hard cleanse to try and chelate some of the heavy meds i had to take and start chasing the mold toxicity, candida, parasites and heavy metals im infestated with.  I chelated so awesomely that I released several viruses lodged in my liver and they attacked my nervous system, muscles and tendons.  I basically had gout like flare up in both my legs from my butt to my toes.  It was crucifying, white light pain for 1 month straight.  I didnt sleep for almost a week.  My dad had to come up and take care of me for three months.  unfortunately the weed didnt do shit for the pain.  I had to learn some breathing techniques and some strong self talk.    and now, just today, my palms starting turning red and my face is flushing, so more blood work and chasing cancer or hormones again, fun times.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 04:57:10 AM »
hang in there nuttin---med issues can be overwhelming and then a bit of time later, youre back to normal, glad you fought hard to get thru

i will look into the poultice--thx

stay tough--obviously youve had to be very tough to date--stay tough--you will more than likely normalize--just keep the fight

and good luck--luck counts too!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal