Author Topic: Paddle Splash  (Read 110571 times)

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Paddle Splash
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
I am helping put on a event in Northern California. This event helps out with the kids team I run. The event is held at Lake Natoma in Folsom California. Some of you might know about Lake Natoma but for every one else who does not know about this body of water it is one of the best flake water lakes in the world. Yes the world. there are 2 other bodies of water in Europe that are faster but that is it. The NCAA has crew champs here. The Event will be at the end of July. the 26-28th. We will have several different races, 2mile, 5mile, 200m sprint, dragon board race, Grom race, and more. https://paddleguru.com/races/PaddleSplash2019

Please go sign up and help support the youth of our sport.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paddle Splash
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
I'm going to try to make it. I'll be in the area that weekend. What are some good places to stay near by? I'll probably have to store my boards inside over night. Not sure if I want to leave them out on my truck racks. Also, can I race my unlimited? 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:03:36 AM »
I'm going to try to make it. I'll be in the area that weekend. What are some good places to stay near by? I'll probably have to store my boards inside over night. Not sure if I want to leave them out on my truck racks. Also, can I race my unlimited?

just sent you a PM

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
I'm registered and the Hotel looks great! Thanks'
It's not overhead to me!

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 12:18:28 PM »
I'm registered and the Hotel looks great! Thanks'

thanks for signing up. look forward to meeting you.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »
Same here. I started my distance training routine this morning. Did about 7 miles in the ocean and my back is feeling stronger. Going to put in some miles tomorrow too.
It's not overhead to me!

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 08:19:51 AM »
Same here. I started my distance training routine this morning. Did about 7 miles in the ocean and my back is feeling stronger. Going to put in some miles tomorrow too.

Start practicing your turn on your unlimited if that is what you are going to race on. To design the courses so they are spectator friendly. So the 5 mile course has a decent amount of turns. It is not a out and back. I will post the course maps soon.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:06 PM »
I know... All those Infinity guys like to go in circles ::) Sprint pivot, sprint pivot, etc... Wait... how many times do I go around the second and fifth buoy?? I've only got ten fingers. Slater has 11.

I want to see those surfski's do a pivot turn ;D

I may bring a couple of 14's just in case. I have lost weight, so I wouldn't be a complete dog on a 14'er.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:00:10 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 11:52:56 PM »
Had a fun morning racing at the Paddle Splash Saturday on Lake Natoma in Folsom, Ca. Sean (aka Skate) and crew were super welcoming and had maximum stoke for SUP. Their NorCal SUP Groms are a serious bunch of junior SUP racers. They've got great coaching and parent support. It was probably the hottest race temperature wise I've ever done. It was pushing 95 deg. by the end of the 5 mile race, and my water was gone. There was a good mix of all level paddlers and the water was like glass. Just three buoy turns to content with per lap. I never practice buoy turns or pivot turns other than turning my 14' race board to catch a wave, so I suck at them. I did my best and had a great time. 

So again thanks to Sean and Sean and their better half's for a fun event. I'll try to make it next year.
It's not overhead to me!

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 09:46:12 AM »
well I have finally recovered for the event. it was amazing we raised a lot of $$$ for our kids team. we had over 50 people sign up and race. It was 105 degrees out all three days that took a toll on some people that are not use to that kind of heat. I raced the 2 mile and took a 2nd place in that and raced the 200m sprint and got knocked out in the first round. My 9 year old daughter won the 200m sprint she won the 2 mile and took a 2nd in the kids race. Talldude thank you so much for coming out and supporting the event. You won a raffle prize I will ship it out to you next week.

Next year will be bigger and better.

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 09:51:03 AM »
a few photos

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
this is our kids team. we are missing 10 kids in this photo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal