Author Topic: Jimmy Lewis & KeNalu  (Read 10699 times)

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Lewis & KeNalu
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
Of course I’ll sell them separately, too, but board first!  🙂

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 05:18:07 AM »
Sorry to hear about this Claudia.... heal well, be well, my friend.

Unfortunately, if you sell something you just bought, you will have to take a BIG hit. IMO
I rode a new board 4 or 5 times after paying $1,799 plus tax etc.....Sold it 3 weeks later for $900.... half of what I had just paid.

People are looking for great deals on used.... if too high, they'd rather buy new.
At least that has been my experience selling many quality used boards over the years..... sucks, but you simply lose a LOT, if you bought it new.

"no bites so far":
If you are not getting any interest, the price is simply too high.
Try listing just the board first for a price that will sell quickly.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about this Claudia.... heal well, be well, my friend.

Unfortunately, if you sell something you just bought, you will have to take a BIG hit. IMO
I rode a new board 4 or 5 times after paying $1,799 plus tax etc.....Sold it 3 weeks later for $900.... half of what I had just paid.

People are looking for great deals on used.... if too high, they'd rather buy new.
At least that has been my experience selling many quality used boards over the years..... sucks, but you simply lose a LOT, if you bought it new.

"no bites so far":
If you are not getting any interest, the price is simply too high.
Try listing just the board first for a price that will sell quickly.

I hear you.  I’ll keep the board before I take a big hit.  A little hit,yes.  Paddle and board together...a bigger hit is okay.  I’m hoping that patience is pay off.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »
Thank you for your input, Rick.  I am definitely open to offers.  $ and/or meeting a buyer between here and wherever they live.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 01:14:31 PM »
A little bump.....

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Craigslist works as well as anywhere but I've never been able to sell a board for more than 800 bucks. I've sold some very expensive stuff that way, but Creek is right. People buying used have no choices on size, color, pad, etc. The buying experience is completely different than buying new, so new prices don't apply. I recently sold a $1900 Hobie Eclipse--tried to get 1200 for it--nada. Dropped to 900--all I got were lower offers. Dropped to $800, I had about ten people that wanted it.

Sold my 22' Red Dragon. Paid $2400, same process, sold for $800. It's price shopping, pure and simple.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 01:27:46 PM »
Craigslist works as well as anywhere but I've never been able to sell a board for more than 800 bucks. I've sold some very expensive stuff that way, but Creek is right. People buying used have no choices on size, color, pad, etc. The buying experience is completely different than buying new, so new prices don't apply. I recently sold a $1900 Hobie Eclipse--tried to get 1200 for it--nada. Dropped to 900--all I got were lower offers. Dropped to $800, I had about ten people that wanted it.

Sold my 22' Red Dragon. Paid $2400, same process, sold for $800. It's price shopping, pure and simple.

Bill, that’s terrible!  I’m sorry you took such big hits.  You’re a generous guy, so I hope you’re also getting some good deals when you buy stuff.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
Nope. Mostly I'm getting rid of stuff these days. The exception is kite foiling, which is so new that there are no deals to be had other than the usual regular customer discount at the shops I deal with. It's not terrible, it's just reality. You get the pleasure of buying exactly what you want, the used buyer gets what's available and no guarantees, shop support, or the simple fun of getting something neat and new.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »
I hear you.  I’ll keep the board before I take a big hit.
As has been mentioned, you'll probably be keeping the board if you're not willing to deeply discount it, sell it, and forget about it.

On a similar vein, with foil boards being relatively new in our area, and designs changing dramatically almost overnight...trying to move an "old" board in order to make room for "new and improved" is the same painful experience...almost give it away, or store it and let never look at or think about it again.

StandinDan sold about an 6 month old (give or take one or two) foil board that he paid $1500 for...for $300 just to get it out of the garage to make room for an ever better performer. This past week I just let go of a very lightly used 9 month old custom foil board for $450 that I thought I'd be able to easily get at least $700 for...but nope, the market had other ideas.  :(

Best of luck, and hopefully you're happy with whatever ends up happening with the board and paddle.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:48:48 PM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
Sold.  I took a hit, a small bash actually, but it has a good home.  Hopefully good things will follow.....

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »
Sold.  I took a hit, a small bash actually, but it has a good home.  Hopefully good things will follow.....
Congrats...and yes, I'm sure they will. You "paid it forward" to someone else's benefit, and now you can be rewarded when someone else does the same for you in the future.

Knowing she went to "a good home" should also ease the pain a little bit I hope...I know it has for me in the past when I see some of my boards leave the stable underpriced. :)
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 01:17:17 PM »
That’s so true.  I need to live on the beach, then I’ll regroup.  This is MTB country.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »

On a similar vein, with foil boards being relatively new in our area, and designs changing dramatically almost overnight...trying to move an "old" board in order to make room for "new and improved" is the same painful experience...almost give it away, or store it and let never look at or think about it again.

OMG... because of the early part of the development cycle on foiling, value seems to diminish exponentially versus what I saw in SUP!  I sold my original Maliko 160 that I paid $1850 for for $750, 1 year later but alas the technology advanced so fast...

Congratulations, Spirit on moving your board and paddle... always nice to see our equipment got to a good home that will use it!

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 05:14:28 PM »
Congrats Spirit! Good Luck.
in progress...

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile